Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
I'm one of the guys who voted for phpBB, but I'm certainly not married to it, and the more I look at vBulletin the more I'm sold on it, and vBulletin seems to be winning in the poll. Before opening a paypal account to try to collect funds for this, would it be possible to collect pledges in this thread? Refunding the cash would a pain in the ass if we can't get close enough to the cost to make the purchase, so I think it'd be better to make sure that we actually will reach the goal before we collect anything.
I sort of have opened a topic to start fund-raising. In it I propose that if we don't make a specific target within a certain timeframe (1-2 months) the money donated will remain in the account to pay towards the hosting costs etc.

Your post by the way confused me a LOT; I was under the impression that there was a big difference between the two programs. Now you give the impression that the difference isn't so big after all? If that's the case, is it really worthwhile to spend $285 on it when we could also use the money for the day to day running of this place ?

By the way, I probably will donate €50 which at todays rate is $72. The way I see it, that could be part of the vBulletin fund or paying for a year (I understand) of hosting.