Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
As I've said I don't think a federal ban on funding this research would be catastrophic. There is enough established potential here for private and university investors to be involved in the space. Though I do wish the federal government would drop the pretense.
But don't you hold the position that the government shouldn't be in the business of....telling business what they can or can't do? If it's a ban on federal funding, isn't that the same thing as a ban on an activity that's too expensive for any private enterprise to start or carry?



Branson may be using his billions for private space travel, but that's only on the tail winds of NASA's previous investment in R & D. Facebook and Twitter may be billion dollar companies, but only because Gates and Jobs and IBM (and Al Gore, of course ) invented the internet, with help from government investment first.