Page 92 of 171 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes, Fuzzy, your definition is the one true definition because it's the one used by the US government. Are we going to apply that logic to the designation of terrorist groups (no Hezbollah)?
    We're designating Hezbollah as traitors to the US now? Lewki, you get kind incoherent when you forget to wipe the rabid froth from your mouth.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I'm pretty sure that's not what he's saying. It sounds more like he's saying something about the US definition of a terrorist organization although I'm not sure I understand the point.

Last edited by Loki; 03-12-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Gotta wonder how those Republicans arrived at the conclusion that white Christian Americans are discriminated against more than black people, Muslims and immigrants.

Ask Lewk. Affirmative action. Something I'm sure they all personally experienced, what with Trump supporters having a high level of education or being employed by multinationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not what he's saying. It sounds more like he's saying something about the US definition of a terrorist organization although I'm not sure I understand the point.
    I'm aware, but since the "point" he was making had only a smidgen more relevance to the actual topic as the price of potatoes in Iowa, I figured I should remind him of what the topic was. You know how he sidetracks himself. Like how he now thinks whatever stupid thing Nunes had said now has any bearing on the lack of validity in labeling Hannity a traitor. Though it is in keeping with the finest US journalistic traditions from the turn of the century. The 19th century and the Adams administration with the Alien and Sedition Acts but still.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Gotta wonder how those Republicans arrived at the conclusion that white Christian Americans are discriminated against more than black people, Muslims and immigrants.
    In a couple of ways. Christianity is often discriminated against in particular by the left, the vitriol for Christians is overwhelming if you want to compare the same thing to what the left has to say about Muslims. As Loki mentioned, Affirmative Action is a thing that happens both on college campuses and in the workplace. Then you have liberals who literally feel that some people's opinion means less because of the color of their skin.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ople-down.html

"However, Boynton Brown took it a step further and said her role as a white person includes shutting other white people down.

“My job is to listen and be a voice, and my job is to shut other white people down when they want to interrupt. My job is to shut other white people down when they want to say ‘Oh no I’m not prejudiced, I’m a Democrat, I’m accepting,'” she said.

“My job is to make sure that they get that they have privilege and until we shut our mouths and we listen to those people who don’t and we lift our people up so that we all have equity in this country … we’re not going to break through this,” she said. "

And Affirmative Action and other type activities designed to put x number of people into a job for 'racial makeup' reasons is an issue that led in recent history to a Supreme Court case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricci_v._DeStefano

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Snipped because it was breaking my post

The fact that he wasn't fired by himself but was merely one of 46? It IS routine to replace serving US Attorneys with your own appointees, after all. This is because people in his administration are convinced it is Obama holdovers that are responsible for leaks. So he's getting rid of them. It's on the late side for it, but Sessions did take a while to get confirmed, and since it's probably mostly an anti-leaking thing the growing paranoia explains why he's dumping someone he'd originally decided to keep.

Is there any part of this that isn't a huge fucking red flag?

This would explain everything all to well.

While every other 70 year old cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs angry white man has only his poor family to subject such parroted ramblings to, Trump is sadly able to actually act on the bullshit he hears on TV.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I am going to emphasize that it's not in the least bit unusual to sweep many to all of the US Attorneys appointed by the last administration and replace them with your own appointees. Obama did it, Bush Jr. did it, Clinton did. Not sure about the senior Bush since he'd actually been part of his own predecessor's administration.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I am going to emphasize that it's not in the least bit unusual to sweep many to all of the US Attorneys appointed by the last administration and replace them with your own appointees. Obama did it, Bush Jr. did it, Clinton did. Not sure about the senior Bush since he'd actually been part of his own predecessor's administration.
    Is it also usual to purge all of them before successors are even nominated?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Various GOP groups (mostly ones not formally representing the party, except for Rep. King) are now supporting Le Pen and Wilders. The world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Is it also usual to purge all of them before successors are even nominated?
    Yes. The AG appoints interim Attorneys to cover the gap (typically drawn from the Assistant US Attorneys for the district), such interim appointments not to exceed 120 days. If the vacancy lasts longer than that, the associated district court appoints a temp until the vacancy can be properly filled.

It's not normal. Clinton got attacked for doing the same thing, and he made exceptions where needed.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/us...secutors.html#

It's not normal. Clinton got attacked for doing the same thing, and he made exceptions where needed.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/us...secutors.html#
    It might not have been normal 30 years ago (I said I couldn't recall what happened with Bush Sr.) but it is normal now. Clinton did it, Bush Jr. did it, Obama did it, and now Trump is doing it.

If everyone since Clinton has done it, I think it's safe to say it's now "normal".

Business as normal may not be the right thing of course but that's a different question.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It might not have been normal 30 years ago (I said I couldn't recall what happened with Bush Sr.) but it is normal now. Clinton did it, Bush Jr. did it, Obama did it, and now Trump is doing it.
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...torneys-018390

Note the day that story was written. It is not normal.

Meanwhile, Bush had a transition in place where the last attorneys were only removed by June: https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/...arch/107ag.htm

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...torneys-018390

Note the day that story was written. It is not normal.

Meanwhile, Bush had a transition in place where the last attorneys were only removed by June: https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/...arch/107ag.htm
    Lewki, we're talking about whether most-to-all attorneys are swept out, you're talking about whether they're gone by 3 months into the administration or by 6 months.

Is that your go-to line when you know you're wrong now?

Is that your go-to line when you know you're wrong now?
    What, "whether they're gone by 3 months"? That's kind of an odd go-to line. It wouldn't seem like something that's generally applicable.

Or do you mean calling out when you're showing the same behavior patterns as Lewkowski?

Yes. The AG appoints interim Attorneys to cover the gap (typically drawn from the Assistant US Attorneys for the district), such interim appointments not to exceed 120 days. If the vacancy lasts longer than that, the associated district court appoints a temp until the vacancy can be properly filled.
    So basically, aside from the apparently short notice given, there's nothing going in here? Thank you for explaining.

(And yes 3 months instead of 6 is not a big difference to me).
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    So basically, aside from the apparently short notice given, there's nothing going in here? Thank you for explaining.

(And yes 3 months instead of 6 is not a big difference to me).
    As far as I can tell. Most to all of the US Attorneys appointed by Obama were definitely going to be gone and in fairly short order. That's just SOP these days. It's entirely possible the administration originally intended to move a little slower, or to keep a few and changed its mind but to all appearances if that is the case, it's because they're paranoid about Obama-loyal figures making leaks and not something "sinister". It's even possible this paranoia has a basis in truth, there's no real way to know (the fact that the administration wants to take an uninformed ax to a lot of programs and departments provides plenty of motivation to leak on its own)

What, "whether they're gone by 3 months"? That's kind of an odd go-to line. It wouldn't seem like something that's generally applicable.

Or do you mean calling out when you're showing the same behavior patterns as Lewkowski?
    You know what's different between cleaning house in 3 months vs. 6 months? The chance to vet potential replacements. You know, the initial question you were answering.

And more:

Last edited by Loki; 03-13-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Well, when he puts wire tapping in quotes like that it makes it looks like he's using the term as a euphemism, sooo maybe?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

He was thinking bad thoughts about Trump. That's what he meant.