Results 1 to 30 of 221

Thread: Justine Diamond

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    It's a very distinctive brogue and yes it does. They are a major nuisance if their caravans arrive in this part of England. A dozen years of experience in hospitality has seasoned me to be cynical and alert when I hear that brogue. You may call it racism, I call it self preservation. I have learnt time and again to trust my instincts.

    Two weekends ago on a Sunday morning we had two arrive while we were setting up still wanting drinks in the bar at about 11am. We open at 12 but are licensed then so will serve if we are ready to so I served them but I got a bad feeling and warned my colleagues to keep an eye on them.

    Sunday afternoons lately have been exceptionally busy in our restaurant so I was in the restaurant and delegated the bar to some colleagues. I kept checking on the bar and these guys were pushing the limits but not obviously at the point to be chucked out. At 5pm we took a phone call from one of my most regular customers asking if those guys were there still. I went across and the bar was now virtually empty inside besides a group of 5 of these guys at the bar now with almost everyone else in the beer garden or gone despite it being overcast. These guys had been harassing my regulars. I saw them harassing a female member of my team so I cut them off instantly and told them to leave. Which took nearly half an hour with him screaming abuse in my face and threatening violence with me calmly telling him to leave or I'd call the cops and the whole place is covered by CCTV. I saw one family heading into the restaurant see this guy shouting and the dad took his two girls hands, turned around and walked off.

    I later found out they're in caravans down the road, here from out of town for a gypsy funeral. One old gentleman told me they'd tried breaking into the pool table but he'd left then rather than pass the message on.

    So screw your racism accusations. These guys behaviour caused a lot of damage in lost custom alone let alone him trying to vandalise my machinery or anything else. When it's your life or livelihood on the line then I will trust my instinct every time. I wish on this instance I'd trusted my gut and kicked them out sooner.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 08-05-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •