Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
I understand that your difficult experiences with travellers have made this an emotionally charged subject for you, but I would like for you to realize that those experiences have little relevance for the subject of this thread.

You've repeatedly attempted to argue that the disparities we say are caused by race-based discrimination either do not exist or are justified eg. due to characteristics of individual police encounters that act as confounders. We have repeatedly demonstrated that substantial racial disparities do exist and that they persist even when you adjust the models for relevant characteristics of individual encounters. At this point, your insistence that cops are either neutral or acting legitimately in these respects is beginning to look quite irrational and borderline prejudicious. Your repeated use of an ecological fallacy to justify your position only makes matters worse, although I don't doubt it's a fair approximation of the explicit reasoning used by cops and police departments that are guilty of racist policing.

It's not too late to step back from this cliff. Try to look at this issue as if it has nothing to do with your personal experiences, your dislike of liberals, etc. Peruse the sources linked above. Realize that you might not have had the whole picture.
TBH; I don't understand how his difficult experiences with travellers should excuse what he does. In my work I encounter people of all ethnicities and I would consider myself to be doing an extremely lousy job if I would let pre-judice decide how I treat them. Let there be no mistake; I use my experience with different cultures to react to certain types of behavior in different ways but that is not the same as presuming the behaviour to follow just because somebody has a certain skin color or dresses in a certain way.

You can't even be certain about 'blatant racism'; I once was in a training with an officer who told me she saw no reason to remove her shoes if she entered the house of muslim families where that was the norm. That was taken as culturally insensitive and borderline racist as she was defending her opinion on the basis that 'this is The Netherlands and there is no reason why she would have to adapt to 'their' customs by taking off her shoes.

Guess how stupid I felt when she told that she carried those plastic shoe covers in her handbag in case she was going to visit a shoes off household.