Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
Oh, so you think something only counts as racism, or as bigotry, or prejudice if it causes a material harm? So speech can't be racist?
Yes I am primarily concerned with material harm and hurtful speech because that is what affects people more. Material harm like that which I materially suffered from him. Hurtful speech like the sexual harrassment that my female colleague was subjected to by him. Both of which I've already mentioned.
Or is it you think they only count as those if the other side is aware it happened?
Or that it did happen yes. I was the one subjected to material harm and abusive language. My female employee that I am responsible for is the one who was subjected to sexual harassment. He was subjected to nothing other than a bit of extra attention - as would anyone else acting suspiciously. Yes I am more concerned with that which really happened and which hurts people. Also call me selfish but I'm more concerned with harm to myself and my employees than I am perceived harm to others. As an employer I have always taken the attitude that my people come first - you harass my employees and you are not welcome in my establishment. If you don't like that, you can go somewhere else. I will not apologise for that!
Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
In which case as long as they aren't aware of the reason that you've kicked them out or double-charged, be it becas because of their ethnicity, their accent, or the lower-class way they dress, so long as they don't know WHY it happened was because you're a bigot, that means it doesn't count? I think maybe you need to go back to school, try and master your basic language skills this time. Because I'm not really seeing a difference between you and a modern Klansman right now.
I already told you why I kicked him out: He was sexually harassing my employee. That was the final straw. I will kick out anybody that harasses my staff.

I didn't overcharge him, I didn't kick him out until after he crossed the line. I fail completely to see how I am in the wrong for kicking out somebody sexually harassing my employees.
Gypsies aren't a race, chavs aren't a race. They are ways of behaving and I have an issue with the behaviour not the skin colour which is the same as mine.
Which is why Minx and I used words like jackass and bigot.
Oh, right ...
Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
A brogue means gypsy to you? No, no I think it IS racism, jackass.
Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
Leaving aside the bizarre racism for just a moment, how exactly is being rude to potential violent people a smart move, and good policing?
Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
Not to mention that his casual racism / bigotry due to his anecdotal experiences will only cause a vicious circle - he expects them to be bad and thus he'll treat them badly which they'll most likely promptly reciprocate.
Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Yeah, that's usually how racists justify their confirmation bias.
Yeah nobody used the word racism to describe those who aren't a race. Moving on ...
No, you don't have a problem with the behavior, you have a problem with the group, as demonstrated by the textbook definition expression of prejudice and the concomitant bigotry when it's associated with identity-aspects like class and distinct cultural groups (which the Irish travelers display. A quick review of material immediately demonstrates they are about halfway toward being a completely independent linguistic and ethnic linguistic identity, showing distinct biological markers stretching back as far as 1,000 years from the general source population)
No I have a problem with the behaviour. Again I did nothing other than say keep an eye on this guy and I wish I'd been able in hindsight to keep more of an eye on him and kick him out sooner rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
Not to mention that his casual racism / bigotry due to his anecdotal experiences will only cause a vicious circle - he expects them to be bad and thus he'll treat them badly which they'll most likely promptly reciprocate.
Right ...

My young female employee was sexually harassed because I'd warned my colleagues to keep an eye on this guy. She was asking for it I guess.

A regular customer was pestered to hand over his watch because my colleagues had been warned to keep an eye on this guy.

He attempted to vandalise the pool table because we were trying to keep an eye on him.