Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1757

Thread: teevee sucks

Bojack Horseman, S6. This is to be the final season on Netflix, which is probably a good thing. I didn't care for Season 5 that much, though all the prior is very good stuff.

Also started S2 of End of the F***ing World. I was surprised and delighted by S1, so have high hopes for this one.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Mandalorian started off a lot stronger than I was expecting. Gonna be an adjustment going back to weekly releases though.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-12-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I am watching a reality TV show that is entirely rigged and at the same time incredibly interesting. The show is called 'It's a man's world'. The participants are 6 women in a female team and 6 men in a male team. They do challenges that result in extra benefits and 'life rules'. Production makes certain that the the winners are pre-ordained. The benefits and rules nudge the groups towards a reversal of male female relations.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Watchmen (TV Series).

Not what I was expecting (I'm a fan of the movie), but I like it. I could see it either becoming a real classic or going too much down the being topical route. We'll see what happens with episode 2.
    It's strangely compelling. Nixonville, Redfordations, Nostalgia pills, and squid pro quo? Jeremy Irons is great as Dr. Manhattan so I'll keep watching...

As Ozymandias.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I did not share everyone else's love of Leftovers, so I was skeptical, but Watchmen is turning out to be pretty good so far. But I also thought the same about Leftovers at this point in the series, so we'll see what happens.

I activated another trial subscription of HBO (and will probably just take a month of it) for His Dark Materials. I'm pretty happy with how that's going, though the budget-induced lack of daemons on screen is a bit disappointing. I was also happy with the movie though, and that seemed to cause a lot of anger in HDM fans, so my standards might be lower.

Tried to see the first ep last night but was interrupted. Disappointed they revealed the true nature of their relationship in, like, the first scene. I don't like McAvoy, and I don't think he's right for this role, but I love the books so much that I'll watch this show anyway, as soon as I'm able think Nicole Kidman's performance was better tbh.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I did not share everyone else's love of Leftovers, so I was skeptical, but Watchmen is turning out to be pretty good so far. But I also thought the same about Leftovers at this point in the series, so we'll see what happens.

I activated another trial subscription of HBO (and will probably just take a month of it) for His Dark Materials. I'm pretty happy with how that's going, though the budget-induced lack of daemons on screen is a bit disappointing. I was also happy with the movie though, and that seemed to cause a lot of anger in HDM fans, so my standards might be lower.
    I loved Leftovers.

Started episode 1 of His Dark Materials and fell asleep half way through. I don't know what you mean by lack of daemons on screen. I saw them. The Golden Compass film was flipping terrible.

Finished the 1st half of Bojack Horseman S6. It was good, looking forward to the conclusion of the series.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Mandalorian started off a lot stronger than I was expecting. Gonna be an adjustment going back to weekly releases though.
    Not in the UK till March.

No Disney tv here till then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I'm being totally sucked in by Shtisel. A series about a haredi family. It's funny how easy it is to understand Yiddish.
    Congratulations America

Watchmen, caught up to episode 7:

Spoiler:
    So we're about to get some big blue dong, right? I doubt HBO would have been interested in the series without it. There better be some 4k shots of the big blue schlong that terrorized Vietnam, or I'm cancelling.

I only watch the Watchmen because it's weird, with a good cast. The Game of Thrones prepared me for being entertained but disappointed.

Watchmen, caught up to episode 7:

Spoiler:
    So we're about to get some big blue dong, right? I doubt HBO would have been interested in the series without it. There better be some 4k shots of the big blue schlong that terrorized Vietnam, or I'm cancelling.
    No sequel either.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Daybreak on netflix. Over the top campy, doesn't take itself serious at all for the first 3/4ths of the season. Honestly it does a good job of mimicking its production to how actual teens behave, even if the plot and character development is a little ridiculous.

I really enjoyed it.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Watchmen, episode 8:

Spoiler:
    You had one job, HBO. ONE JOB. Black != blue.

There's one episode left, there better be a battle scene involving a 10 foot long glowing azure trouser snake.

If you hadn't noticed, this episode had an Ozymandias stinger, make sure you watch after the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Started episode 1 of His Dark Materials and fell asleep half way through. I don't know what you mean by lack of daemons on screen. I saw them.
    They keep them off screen most of the time. There's even a few scenes where the daemons speak from off-screen so they don't have to animate them. In a world where everyone is supposed to have a daemon, there's very few of them that ever actually get shown.

It's one thing I liked about the movie - you almost always saw a person's daemon with them. But this already looks like an expensive show, so I guess it's understandable.

Finished S2 of Castle Rock, a pretty good but frustrating ending.

Witcher 10/10. Watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Witcher 10/10. Watch it.
    Its good, but its far from a 10/10. The deep rough voice acting is forced to heavily and borderline requires having CC on and the format of the timelines doesn't make a damn spit of sense until you're past the 5th episode.

Watchmen, episode 8:

Spoiler:
    You had one job, HBO. ONE JOB. Black != blue.

There's one episode left, there better be a battle scene involving a 10 foot long glowing azure trouser snake.

If you hadn't noticed, this episode had an Ozymandias stinger, make sure you watch after the credits.
    Wait was your beef that

Spoiler:
    Dr. Manhattan was living as a black man?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Its good, but its far from a 10/10. The deep rough voice acting is forced to heavily and borderline requires having CC on and the format of the timelines doesn't make a damn spit of sense until you're past the 5th episode.
    The timeline bit did cause some confusion at first but the timing seems appropriate from a pacing and thematic front. Almost finished with the series now and one particularly episode felt a bit poorly done but it seems an outlier to the otherwise outstanding quality.

Certainly better than the last season of Game of Thrones.

That doesn't say much

I've been watching the Mandalorian, which is entertaining so far. I am curious what way the main plot will go. And the little baby is so cute.
    Last edited by Flixy; 12-26-2019 at 06:35 AM.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I've been watching the Mandalorian,
    How?

We dont get it in the UK till the Disney streaming service is implemented here in March. Nederland has the streaming service already or you found some other means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

The timeline bit did cause some confusion at first but the timing seems appropriate from a pacing and thematic front. Almost finished with the series now and one particularly episode felt a bit poorly done but it seems an outlier to the otherwise outstanding quality.

Certainly better than the last season of Game of Thrones.
    I need to watch the last episode but the biggest problem with these last few episodes is that the Witcher actor is far too wooden in his acting; there is zero chemistry between the love interests at the moment, to the point of it being comical. If additional seasons are on the way it's an issue they will have to heavily address.

I had Disney plus but canceled it before the end of the trial period. I think it became available in the NL the second half of October.
    Congratulations America

Henry Cavill sucks. Anything starring Henry Cavill will, inevitably, suck.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    How?

We dont get it in the UK till the Disney streaming service is implemented here in March. Nederland has the streaming service already or you found some other means?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I had Disney plus but canceled it before the end of the trial period. I think it became available in the NL the second half of October.
    Yep, i think it was for free here for a while until the original content came on. Got a week free trial, will keep the subscription until I've finished the mandalorian and maybe watch some of the other stuff, don't think I'll keep it.

Weird that the Netherlands are ahead, but I'm not complaining
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    That doesn't say much

I've been watching the Mandalorian, which is entertaining so far. I am curious what way the main plot will go. And three little baby is so cute.
    I don't understand the hype for Mandalorian. It is good, something I'll watch but I feel none of the excitement or anticipating I got from shows like Game of Thrones or Dexter from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Wait was your beef that

Spoiler:
    Dr. Manhattan was living as a black man?
    No, the problem was I specifically requested the CGI-enhanced flesh rocket be glowing a festive shade of blue, for the holiday spirit. HBO provided in the last episode, so I'm appeased, and Watchmen gets an A+.

I don't understand the hype for Mandalorian. It is good, something I'll watch but I feel none of the excitement or anticipating I got from shows like Game of Thrones or Dexter from it.
    Its easy to digest TV for normies that still had plenty of easter eggs and references to keep fans hooked.

But the last episode I think finally got the Star Wars formula. It had that peak Star Wars comicbook feel, a story that can laugh at itself, not take everything so seriously, but still deliver solid action. By far the best episode of the season.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 12-30-2019 at 06:25 PM.