Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: No more mortgage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Heh, though would they keep the title until you paid them? You should offer to pay the amount but with a lower rate.

  2. #2
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    3,064
    On a similar vein, the Better Half and I are on track to have all debt (except for the mortgage and one car) paid off. That's about $1,500 extra to our savings a month (barring getting a kid or other life changing events)
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    12,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Heh, though would they keep the title until you paid them? You should offer to pay the amount but with a lower rate.
    That's not quite the way it works in Holland. If I decide to have the mortgage stricken from the register I would need a letter from them declaring the debt has been paid in full. The only thing they could do would ask to the courts to declare me bankrupt if I don't pay anything any longer and then exercise their right to recieve the amount due to them before any other creditor gets a go at my assets. Thing is, the courts never would declare me bankrupt as things stand. For the simple reason you need at least 2 creditors to apply for it, and I don't have any other debts.

    In the mean time the house is still in my full ownership.
    Congratulations America

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •