Thread: Another Bozo f*ck up, but this time it's not a joke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    But it was the answer he did not give. And then he lied again about the answer he did give. The man is a lazy slob unfit for any office, and yet he is representing you abroad and undermining your goverment as it tries to negotiate its way through Brexit.
    No shit Sherlock. Hence why I said "should have given".
    Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Not a good answer given the recent weekly-Boris-screw-up though.

In this instance he should have said "My understanding is that she was on holiday with her daughter visiting relatives".
    He was probably advised not to say anything and for good reason, there was little he could say to help the situation and by speaking about it might only make the situation worse.

Its interesting to note that officially the UK should not be getting involved in this situation at all. As she's dual-national Iranian-British the official policy is that the UK won't give any consular assistance to a dual-national who is in the other nation.
    https://www.gov.uk/dual-citizenship
    Travelling abroad
    As a dual national you can’t get diplomatic help from the British government when you are in the other country where you hold citizenship.

For example, if you hold both British and Chinese citizenship you can’t get diplomatic help from the UK when you’re in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    He was probably advised not to say anything and for good reason.
    If that were the case I would have expected the tried and tested "I can't comment on an existing investigation" type line. Bread and butter stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Its interesting to note that officially the UK should not be getting involved in this situation at all. As she's dual-national Iranian-British the official policy is that the UK won't give any consular assistance to a dual-national who is in the other nation.
    Well, BoJo certainly isn't offering any assistance so at least he's sticking to his mandate...