Page 10 of 189 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Well, no.

Means I'm going to have to start with the nonsense of bringing bikes and boards and shit inside all the time, though. Which really blows.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Well, the end has come. I have to move out of here this month...and I have no place else to go. No empty apartments in town and no one I can live with until something opens up...unless I move back into Produce Dude's house. I would almost rather go to jail than move back in there again. That was just about the worst experience of my life, not quite the worst but damned close. Kind of like living with a human octopus, one you don't want putting it's tentacles (hands) on you for any reason.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Doesn't your mother have a sofa?

Maybe you should consider leaving that town, anyway.

Hillsborough County & Hartline have always competed for the nation's worst public transit system. Taking an hour to go 10 miles, or over 2 hours to go 20 miles. Today they outdid themselves in my eyes.

Today my bus caught fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Hillsborough County & Hartline have always competed for the nation's worst public transit system. Taking an hour to go 10 miles, or over 2 hours to go 20 miles. Today they outdid themselves in my eyes.

Bikes are great for distances under 10mi.
    Congratulations America

I'd rather not have to pack a second outfit each day because I live in FLORIDA.
    Even right now, there is more than a 25F degree difference between Lolli and I, yet only about 500 miles between us.

Hillsborough County & Hartline have always competed for the nation's worst public transit system.
    MTA, going your way!*

*Except in the following conditions there will be delays: Heavy rain, unexpected rain, wet weather, sleet, snow, ice, cold weather, extremely hot weather, leaves, conductors forgetting or failing to show up for work, train malfunction, human error, fog, pretty much anything other than a small window around absolutely perfect conditions. By the way that will be $200 or more. Watch the gap. If you fall in, that will cause a delay.
    . . .

That has happened to me, too. I actually thought it was pretty awesome, though. Then again, I'm weird.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

It would have been awesome if I hadn't forgot to charge my phone, and the connecting buses were trained to wait. The smell though, my god the smell was awful, I still smell it.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Great snakes! Tintin falls foul of anti-tobacco laws in Turkey
    Guardian

His do-gooder image as a scourge of villains has made him a mainstay of children's entertainment the world over for more than 80 years.

But now Tintin, the evergreen fictional detective created by the Belgian writer Hergé, has found himself in trouble after an episode in the long-running cartoon series depicted him fighting hardened criminals who were smoking, in contravention of Turkey's tough anti-tobacco laws.

The country's broadcasting watchdog, RTUK, slapped a £21,000 fine on the private TV8 channel after ruling that Tintin Against the Chicago Mafia broke legislation banning broadcasters from promoting tobacco. Tintin single-handedly brings down the leaders of the 1930s Chicago mob, but the triumph of good against evil cut no ice with Turkish regulators.

Legislation introduced last year obliges Turkish broadcasters to obscure smoking scenes. Films – including famous Hollywood blockbusters – are screened with cigarettes concealed behind a mist, although it is often clear that the characters are smoking. Some broadcasters have appealed against fines on the basis that the rules should not apply to scenes filmed before the legislation was enacted.

The law exposes Tintin cartoons to further possible fines, especially over the detective's sidekick Captain Haddock, who famously smokes a pipe. One episode features Professor Hector Alembick, who is depicted as a chain-smoke
    Tintin

Turkish idiocy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Several days ago i managed to stab the bottom of my foot with some tweezers, the entire cut has reopened and hurts like buggery. Especially annoying as i'm constantly walking through the office and factory .

Some broadcasters have appealed against fines on the basis that the rules should not apply to scenes filmed before the legislation was enacted.
    Indeed. Especially since often its the villain's (who you're not supposed to like) who smoke. What's next?

Timmy's bitter experience.
    ImAnOgre lost friendly approach.

Just read an article about Photoshop being 20 years old - made me feel old to think that something created in the 90's can be 20 years old

Randomly worded cryptic posts without explanation or apparent meaning.
    Edit: this is directed at AR's post, not RB's.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Just read an article about Photoshop being 20 years old - made me feel old to think that something created in the 90's can be 20 years old
    Fuck you.

No really.

Geez, and I still feel like living in 1999 when I enter the community...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Fuck you.

No really.

Any time

Any time
    My place or yours, big man?

LOL

Seperately, just cut myself cleaning a bread knife. Not sure how, I was careful as its a very sharp blade so I was careful handling it - felt like a static shock but instead a tiny nick but I'm bleeding but I wasn't even touching the blade . Serves me right for spending my time at home cleaning, should have known better

Ouch. Yes, avoiding cleaning is always the way to go.

I can't remember if I posted when I grated my thumb grating cheese or not. My kids manage this activity with no blood regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Doesn't your mother have a sofa?

Maybe you should consider leaving that town, anyway.
    No, Mom doesn't have a sofa, or an extra room, right now.

And where would you think I should go? I have no income, so renting a place would be damned hard. I can't work, so that leads to the no income thingy.

Now, I find out from my lawyer that I have to go have another exam by the doctor who is treating me. I don't have any insurance now, so am gonna have to find some way to pay for the office visit, trip to Ft. Collins, and find a fucking driver! Good God! Can't things just go smoothly for a change?
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

So apparently we don't have a government anymore.. Oh well.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    So apparently we don't have a government anymore.. Oh well.
    HUH?
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

i have never before been so fucking cold as i am now

longets walk in my motherfucking LIFE

was nice to party with ,my new class, try out a new club, disappear into the noise and crush for a while... but this is a disappointing finale
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

My Nanna died of cancer last week, she was sick for a long time so in a sense her passing is a relief.

But she is the last of my grandparents to die so it marks the end of a generation of my family on both sides.

She was a good strong woman.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    i have never before been so fucking cold as i am now

longets walk in my motherfucking LIFE

was nice to party with ,my new class, try out a new club, disappear into the noise and crush for a while... but this is a disappointing finale
    heh - sounds identical to my night

fab night with great friends in a pub - took most of them onto a big house party at another friends place, but ended up with a looooooooong coooooooold walk trying to get home at the end till a cabbie rescued me

plus slept in till 11:30 this morning - who the fuck sleeps in till 11:30??! I'm not 15 years old ffs
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Huddersfield shopkeeper killed by teenage robbers

A shopkeeper has been killed in a robbery by a gang of teenagers at his store in Huddersfield.
    Gurmail Singh, 63, suffered a head injury during the attack at Cowcliffe Convenience Store in Cowcliffe Hill Road, Cowcliffe, on Saturday night.
    He died at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary in the early hours of the morning.

Detectives say the robbers, who were aged in their late teens, fled after a struggle with passers-by who had tried to stop them leaving the shop.
    "This was a group of six people who heard a commotion at the shop and went to help," a North Yorkshire Police spokesman said.
    "None of them was injured during the incident."

The offenders, who were wearing dark hooded tops and tracksuit bottoms, escaped with a small amount of cash, cigarettes and confectionery, police said.
    Det Supt David Pervin, who is leading the investigation, said: "Mr Singh was a well-known and popular local businessman who had been in this area many years.
    "I appeal for anyone with information to contact us as a matter of urgency."

Mr Singh was "a family man with two adult sons", police added.

Was the fucking storm last night bloody EU-wide? I had a long fucking walk in the fucking blizzard too last night. I even slipped and it seems I have a big bruise on my left knee.

Still worth it, though

Also, sorry for your loss termite
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.