Thread: nic nie zrobiłem

Default nic nie zrobiłem

In 2018, Poland, a member of the EU, has criminalized the accurate retelling of its history:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...9dd_story.html

Poland's steady descent into an illiberal ultra-nationalistic revisionist dystopia is a threat to democracy and the rule of law in the EU. Others will be inspired, and follow suit, trying to whitewash the past and free themselves of the normative restraints that are ultimately the most important protections minorities have against persecution. Although this legislation explicitly acknowledges that the Holocaust occurred, I believe it should be regarded as the first step in institutionalized Holocaust denialism. Overt denialism also seems to have surged, led by Anglo-American redpilled "race-realists" who're exploiting Conservatives' growing fondness for Islamophobic views to sneak antisemitic ideas into the public consciousness. On the bright side, most people recognize these people for being the weird-ass losers they are. But, on the other hand, a growing number of new and future voters--and their would-be representatives--are openly talking about "the JQ" and flinging parentheses every which way. This shit needs to be killed in the cradle.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

There does seem to be a very worrying tendency amongst the Visegrad nations to turn to authoritarianism. Sadly western democracy has not got long roots there and may not take in a way until recently I was a lot more confident of.

Additionally these nations now have the right to shape laws across Europe thanks to the EU. Personally I'm relieved we are escaping that before the rising malicious tendency has a chance to inflict damage on a wider area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    You can also put it another way: Instead of working to fix things, you run like a bunch of sissies.

Plus, your oh-so-loved Norway-model would still put you under the influence of these countries.

Bunch of cowards, that's what you are.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

"sissies"?

Despite your inane language that has become your Trademark lately since you're no longer able to be sane, rational or polite . . . it is an entirely reasonable decision to think that we can trust ourselves better than we can trust others. I have no more desire to force the Poles to live by my rules than I do to force the Yanks, Aussies, Canadians or Indians to do so. That's not progressive its imperialist and we're done with that.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

FYI, these were Britain's main internal allies in the EU. Probably not a coincidence.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Citation needed.

As far as I knew the Netherlands was one of Britain's main internal allies in the EU.

However if you're referring to the entirely reasonable desire to control your own destiny can cut multiple ways.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Additionally these nations now have the right to shape laws across Europe thanks to the EU. Personally I'm relieved we are escaping that before the rising malicious tendency has a chance to inflict damage on a wider area.
    Which maliciously illiberal or revisionist laws exactly do you imagine Poland--currently at risk of losing its voting rights in Brussels for its attacks on the judiciary--would manage to impose on all EU states?

Citation needed.

As far as I knew the Netherlands was one of Britain's main internal allies in the EU.

However if you're referring to the entirely reasonable desire to control your own destiny can cut multiple ways.
    With the exit of the UK, the V4 will have lost their leading EU partner. London was always seen as an invaluable ally in Warsaw, Prague, Bratislava and Budapest because it shared a “common perception of European problems”, as Poland’s foreign minister, Witold Waszczykowski, put it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...russels-brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In 2018, Poland, a member of the EU, has criminalized the accurate retelling of its history:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...9dd_story.html

Poland's steady descent into an illiberal ultra-nationalistic revisionist dystopia is a threat to democracy and the rule of law in the EU. Others will be inspired, and follow suit, trying to whitewash the past and free themselves of the normative restraints that are ultimately the most important protections minorities have against persecution. Although this legislation explicitly acknowledges that the Holocaust occurred, I believe it should be regarded as the first step in institutionalized Holocaust denialism. Overt denialism also seems to have surged, led by Anglo-American redpilled "race-realists" who're exploiting Conservatives' growing fondness for Islamophobic views to sneak antisemitic ideas into the public consciousness. On the bright side, most people recognize these people for being the weird-ass losers they are. But, on the other hand, a growing number of new and future voters--and their would-be representatives--are openly talking about "the JQ" and flinging parentheses every which way. This shit needs to be killed in the cradle.
    A. Law is dumb but from the story it hasn't been implemented (kind of like the House of Reps passing something but the Senate/Pres not on board) though I have no idea how likely it is to get fully passed.

B. It sounds like to me the concern is that people will get confused about "Polish death camps" that were run by Germany after conquering Poland were Polish things as opposed to German things. Is this even a debate in Poland and Germany? The central issue on why they would feel this law is necessary is escaping me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Which maliciously illiberal or revisionist laws exactly do you imagine Poland--currently at risk of losing its voting rights in Brussels for its attacks on the judiciary--would manage to impose on all EU states?
    Poland's not at risk of losing its voting rights because to do so requires unanimity. The other Visegrad nations have already said they'd oppose Poland losing their voting rights so there is absolutely no chance of that happening.
    That quote says that the UK was their leading ally, not that they were our leading ally.

I notice with some scorn that you snipped out the context of that in which we're highly regarded by them thanks to our decision to allow immediate free movement with those nations allowing 1.2 million of their citizens to move over unlike France and Germany that put in controls. Yet you're snipping out and taking out of context remarks made in a different conversation two years ago to imply that the UK is the xenophobic nation here. Have you no integrity?

It's called staying on topic.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    "sissies"?

Despite your inane language that has become your Trademark lately since you're no longer able to be sane, rational or polite . . . it is an entirely reasonable decision to think that we can trust ourselves better than we can trust others. I have no more desire to force the Poles to live by my rules than I do to force the Yanks, Aussies, Canadians or Indians to do so. That's not progressive its imperialist and we're done with that.
    And yet your favourite Norway model will have you still live under our thumb while you now have absolutely no say anymore.

Good job!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Poland's not at risk of losing its voting rights because to do so requires unanimity. The other Visegrad nations have already said they'd oppose Poland losing their voting rights so there is absolutely no chance of that happening.
    Poland is more likely to lose its voting rights than it has even been to impose maliciously illiberal or revisionist laws on all other EU states. It's expected to be protected by Hungary's possible veto, but the mere fact that that's the only thing expected to stand between Poland and a loss of voting rights should indicate to you just how likely Poland is to "shape laws across Europe thanks to the EU" in illiberal or otherwise malicious ways.

Meanwhile:

Last edited by Aimless; 02-13-2018 at 03:27 PM.

How is Poland going to unanimously lose its voting rights when Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia would all veto it doing so?

That's without counting the other nations in Europe turning authoritarian like Austria.

Great soundbite there Aimless but what is Merkel going to do given she doesn't have unanimity to end co-operation with Poland? Maybe she should take a leaf out of our book and walk away from the whole shambles.

How is Poland going to unanimously lose its voting rights when Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia would all veto it doing so?
    How is Poland going to impose the same kinds of laws on other EU countries when almost all other EU countries would oppose it?

Great soundbite there Aimless but what is Merkel going to do given she doesn't have unanimity to end co-operation with Poland? Maybe she should take a leaf out of our book and walk away from the whole shambles.
    Wrong tweet.

Hey, it's not like the Poles were stepping-up to acknowledge their past in the first place.