Page 32 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shipper View Post
    Norton, is that the Santa Monica pier?
    No, it's the Flagler Beach pier, not far from where I lived.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    No, it's the Flagler Beach pier, not far from where I lived.
    Looks orgasmic.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

See if you can get this one

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

See if you can get this one

Is it a joke? It looks like Busch Gardens Europe with a building from the Africa one

"photo shop"?
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnie View Post
    "photo shop"?
    What is the photo shop made of, or what style is the building?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shipper View Post
    I can't remember specifically what, but he said one thing in particular, to another member, that I found really, really awful. I don't even think it was me (or you). Combined with the general contempt I had for him and his antics, I got pretty angry.
    Vicious slurs about Lolli wrt sexual orientation, practices, etc. Ugh.

Out of curiosity, I just googled his nick again. He's been banned from a couple of forums since then, including the Ron Paul forum, where a moderator changed his user title to "banned troll." It boggles my mind that he a) still uses that nick, b) according to my search, hasn't deleted his account at the penis enlargement site, and c) used that nick to register on a fucking penis enlargement site in the first place, but whatever. As long as he's not here.
    It was that crazy coincidence that made for so much win in th penis thread. It was just so spectacularly weird and from left field, yet so precisely appropriate for him to have done.

I remain somewhat fond of silverlink. Although we clashed endlessly, i never had the rage for him that i always had for timmy.

Edit: Id just like to point out by the way, that i was really, really fucking right about how much of a shiteater timmy was.
    Yes, Timmy was. But he wasn't hateful. I found the bigotry directed at Lolli to be beyond the pale. Timmy's just an annoying brown noser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    I had to look it up again. Totally forgot.

http://www.mattersofsize.com/forum/s...ind-this-stuff

Later on in the thread...

Too bad the original penis thread is deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    What is the photo shop made of, or what style is the building?
    Wood and some kind of painted cement?

Style? Could be middle-eastern style except for the wooden beams poking through...
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

I still think its Busch Gardens Europe. Its near the French flume ride

I get it, but I cheated
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Last edited by oldmunchkin; 06-15-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: For some reason, photobucket decided to be an ass and not let me post the really good pic of the flag day ceremony!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Sorry about the crappy quality. Phone pics tend to be blurry when they enlarge.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Style? Could be middle-eastern style except for the wooden beams poking through...
    I'd say it's more likened to Pueblo architecture.

Just check the name of the picture
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Ah.

You know, when i said "middle eastern" i came this close to saying "adobe" but still didnt click...

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    I'd say it's more likened to Pueblo architecture.

http://www.lklawless.com/images/Taos%20pueblo-1.JPG[/IMG]
    Hey, I've been there.

Ziggy's been on Failblog of late.

People around me seem to have

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Dinner for 6 plus a new pillow?

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Being; 06-17-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Wait ... that has a transparent background?!

CURSES!!!!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Sarah got hella issues
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Sarah will grow up one day. Maybe.

Oh. And please don't use 'hella'. It is a disgusting word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Ya'll's just igno'ant!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Sarah got hella issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Sarah will grow up one day. Maybe.

Oh. And please don't use 'hella'. It is a disgusting word.
    Ya'll's just igno'ant!
    Sarah's got issues? She's got John pegged to the wall. If he was smart he'd tell her to go get fucked and then try to grow some balls. Maybe he could join the wrestling team and get a perm.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Blast! I knew this would overshadow my glorious pie-chart picture
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Sarah's got issues? She's got John pegged to the wall. If he was smart he'd tell her to go get fucked and then try to grow some balls. Maybe he could join the wrestling team and get a perm.
    Well John's issues are obvious. Sarah points them out more than adequately in her diatribe.

But John doesn't repay the compliment by pointing out Sarah's issues.

And she certainly has them - namely you will never settle down and be happy if you keep going out with "arseholes who are savage and uncivilised". Most women realise this as they grow up, despite the fact that the savage, uncivilised arseholes are the ones that attract most women - a fact which is a large part of the problem of going out with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Some of the pie charts were great. Some not so great. The Girl Speaks Truth to Duckie comic was sweet. This is what all the girls-best-friend-only-kids need to know so they can get on with their fucking loser lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Well John's issues are obvious. Sarah points them out more than edequately in her diatribe.

But John doesn't repay the compliment by pointing out Sarah's issues.

And she certainly has them - namely you will never settle down and be happy if you keep going out with "arseholes who are savage and uncivilised". Most women realise this as they grow up, despite the fact that the savage, uncivilised arseholes are the ones that attract most women.
    What you and John fail to realize is that Sarah's mature enough to know that her highschool dating does not equal choosing a life partner. She just wants to have a little fun. Probably when she gets out of college she'll be on the look out for the more thoughtful and mature, educated and highly motivated career man. But in highshool she want's excitement and fun. Simple as that. John's the kind of guy that's going to fall in love after his first blow job and who wants that fucking anchor all the way through college?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

I liked it better, I actually don't much care for "insightful" geek comics like that; what the fuck is Sarah doing hanging around with this guy whom she so obviously detests, why has she kept all that shit bottled up for Finagle knows how long, and where does she get off vomiting all that out in that oh so humorous rant all the while pretending to be somehow superior socially and morally? It's a retarded/stupidly impossible situation in real life meant to highlight the stupidities of other real-life scenarios. And I certainly don't buy it as self-deprecating meta-humour.

I liked it better, I actually don't much care for "insightful" geek comics like that; what the fuck is Sarah doing hanging around with this guy whom she so obviously detests, why has she kept all that shit bottled up for Finagle knows how long, and where does she get off vomiting all that out in that oh so humorous rant all the while pretending to be somehow superior socially and morally? It's a retarded/stupidly impossible situation in real life meant to highlight the stupidities of other real-life scenarios. And I certainly don't buy it as self-deprecating meta-humour.
    Clearly its not a remotely possible AR conversation. That's not the point. The rant is an expose of how it actually is, and why Duckie didn't get the girl in the end. Sarah probably likes John's shoulder to cry on when her current fling goes awry. He's safe and predictable when she needs safety and predictability. But he shouldn't get any ideas that her using him means she's willing to do the romance thing. Its not fair but what is? This is life we're talking about, right?
    The Rules