Thread: Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't understand how it can be so difficult for you to accept that there are real people like that.
    There absolutely are. But more and more on social media, you're not dealing with real people, you're dealing with organized/planned PR and presence. You already know this and ignore commercial material but you think it doesn't apply to subjects like news, politics, and racism?

I don't go dredging through any special websites. I'm talking about comments under articles by Economist, WSJ, BBC, The Guardian, FT, NY Times etc.
    Online comments, not real interaction, and frequently at least pseudo-anonymous.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    There absolutely are. But more and more on social media, you're not dealing with real people, you're dealing with organized/planned PR and presence. You already know this and ignore commercial material but you think it doesn't apply to subjects like news, politics, and racism?

Online comments, not real interaction, and frequently at least pseudo-anonymous.
    Unlike you, I use social media and can recognize an ordinary person behaving in an ordinary manner on Facebook.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    If you click on the profiles of most people commenting on Facebook news stories, you'll see that they're not particularly anonymous. At the very least, their comments are visible to everyone on their friend list.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If you click on the profiles of most people commenting on Facebook news stories, you'll see that they're not particularly anonymous. At the very least, their comments are visible to everyone on their friend list.
    Doesn't make them normal people you've personally interacted with either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Doesn't make them normal people you've personally interacted with either.
    There's nothing about the concept of personal interaction that requires physical interaction. Your position is, tbh, a little bizarre.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."