Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
Trying to win a trial by first winning a campaign on public opinion is nothing new either, it certainly predates the US legal system. As for the rest, thank you for reminding me why it's a total waste of my time to explain things to you. You just conflate anything specific I address with whatever other issues are on your mind.
Once you've answered a question, I move onto another question or concern. Sorry if my conversational style perturbs you, or you're frustrated by my layperson mentality, because I do appreciate your knowledge of law and the ability to break things down into specific pieces (like precedent).

Since so many traditions and norms have been broken, and Trump's administration challenges congressional oversight at every turn....it's hard to rely on any political history OR legal precedent for context. We're in new territory now. So I'll still have lots of questions about the Executive branch under Trump (ie The Imperial Presidency) and how we can maintain the balance of powers moving forward.