Page 76 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

The administration suggested moving the briefings somewhere else larger, presumably so they could get their own donkeys into the press briefings. The WHCA predictably kicked up a fuss in guard of their prerogatives and left themselves open to this, which was probably the administration's intent. It's regrettable in this context but the Association has been begging for it for the last twenty years with their frequent jealous inflexibility in the fact of a changing media landscape.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...uration-unrest

Embarrassing but unfortunately not unexpected from the worst police force in the western world.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Cant wait to see the tantrum he throws over this.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It is pretty embarrassing for America to have that over such a landmark.

But then many would say it's embarrassing that he lives in that landmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It is pretty embarrassing for America to have that over such a landmark.

But then many would say it's embarrassing that he lives in that landmark.
    The embarrassing part is that because this is a federal area trespassing is felony and those people will face the possibility of no longer being allowed to vote.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/u...istration.html

And the Doomsday clock moves closer to midnight.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I have friends and acquaintances who're pretty worried about the prospect of having their careers plans being fucked over by the implementation of phase 1 of the Muslim ban.

Lewk is no doubt happy about all of these developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I have friends and acquaintances who're pretty worried about the prospect of having their careers plans being fucked over by the implementation of phase 1 of the Muslim ban.

Lewk is no doubt happy about all of these developments.
    How?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Trump is Hitler reincarnated in the USA. Now that this thread has been officially Godwin'd it is time to start new threads to catalog the journey. Too much info for one thread. The wall...does Trump know the history of the greatest wall on earth? Censure...does he know the history of its use by governments? Those are just two of many I can think of. Moderator please close this thread so we can move on to more important and pointed ones. It is 2017 after all and this thread was about 2016.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

If people want to use a new thread they can do so.

The State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned

“You don’t run foreign policy by making statements, you run it with thousands of people working to implement programs every day,” Boucher said. “To undercut that is to undercut the institution.”

I'm curious how folks would define a successful Trump presidency? What kind of criteria would you use?

Unemployment Rate (specify which type)
    Stock Market at certain level (S&P 500?)
    Number of terrorists killed?
    Crime Rates?
    GDP growth?
    Passage of campaign promises (the wall, repealing Obamacare etc)

Actually, I have started to believe that we'll have to declare a Trump presidency successful if America is roughly where it was on the eve of his presidency. He himself of course will call that a 'tremendous success'.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm curious how folks would define a successful Trump presidency? What kind of criteria would you use?

Unemployment Rate (specify which type)
    Stock Market at certain level (S&P 500?)
    Number of terrorists killed?
    Crime Rates?
    GDP growth?
    Passage of campaign promises (the wall, repealing Obamacare etc)
    Successful for whom? I think Trump can consider his a successful presidency if he manages to go four years without being impeached.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Mexican president cancels Trump summit
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38760671

"Unless Mexico is going to treat the United States fairly, with respect, such a meeting would be fruitless, and I want to go a different route. We have no choice."

When did this become bizarro world?

Mexican president cancels Trump summit
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38760671

"Unless Mexico is going to treat the United States fairly, with respect, such a meeting would be fruitless, and I want to go a different route. We have no choice."

When did this become bizarro world?
    That would be friday last week. I hope that liberals who couldn't vote for Hillary are happy.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Successful for whom? I think Trump can consider his a successful presidency if he manages to go four years without being impeached.
    Well he's already given us several immortal memes...

http://www.the-postillon.com/2017/01...-dump.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    My measure of success increases the earlier the impeachment. Except for President Pence. Fuck.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    That would be friday last week.
    No, it began when Trump won the Republican nomination, and intensified from there.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

A dossier with unverified claims about President Donald Trump's ties to Russia contained allegations that Igor Sechin, the CEO of Russia's state oil company, offered former Trump ally Carter Page and his associates the brokerage of a 19% stake in the company in exchange for the lifting of US sanctions on Russia.
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/carter...17-1?r=US&IR=T

But Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway told Fox News on Friday that removing US sanctions on Russia was "under consideration".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38773608

They don't hang around, I'll give them that.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...placement.html

If not for Obamacare my mom would be dead. Without a replacement there is no way she is going to be offered insurance that she can afford as she continues to fight her cancer (if she is offered any at all). Especially after her life savings was spent on my dad and his cancer. The Republican plan at this point is to straight start killing people off. There is no other way to put it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...placement.html

If not for Obamacare my mom would be dead. Without a replacement there is no way she is going to be offered insurance that she can afford as she continues to fight her cancer (if she is offered any at all). Especially after her life savings was spent on my dad and his cancer. The Republican plan at this point is to straight start killing people off. There is no other way to put it.
    Turns out, the Republicans were the death panels all along.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-on-obamacare/
    In leaked audio, Republicans destroy their own public talking points on Obamacare

These people are downright assholes. I'm starting to think they are going to destroy obamacare, have the whole clusterfuck labeled Trumpcare so they can eventually impeach him and attempt to bookend the whole thing, while hoping to ride the conservative crazy train into the fucking ground with a 10 year Pence presidency. Spending the whole time denying responsibility as people die.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    How?
    They happen to have been born in the wrong countries. Even the ones who just barely managed to get their green card approved in time are uncertain. At best they'll have a few kinda rough years ahead where their families won't be able to visit etc. Others are more concerned. Will they get to stay and finish important projects or their training? Will they be able to attend conferences abroad? Will they and their partners have to move to another country in order to stay together? There's a great deal of uncertainty right now.

Scratch that, green card holders are also SOL.

Scratch that, green card holders are also SOL.
    Including also people who had to leave their homelands because they worked for the American forces and administration for up to 10 years.
    Congratulations America

I hope May and Johnson find their rapidly degenerating spines in time to condemn this measure.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I hope May and Johnson find their rapidly degenerating spines in time to condemn this measure.
    She already ducked the question several times. After all, if she's willing to sell to Erdogan I rather doubt that Trump's antics cost her a good night's sleep.

From what I read, this order may also have been illegal. I mean, he referenced a law from 1956 - while completely ignoring the later 1965 ruling by congress on the same matter which definitely does not allow such blanket bans based on nationality.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

USA #1

This just in: they didn't

Theresa May fails to condemn Donald Trump on refugees
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come