Thread: teevee sucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Binged Stranger Things over the weekend. I regret it, not because I didn't like it, but because now I'm out of new episodes to watch. It seemed a bit more depressing than the first season, but it was still awesome.

Spoiler:
    I wasn't a big fan of how they wrote Eleven out of the main conflicts for so long. I hope they don't keep her out of the group for so long next season. I'm also hoping next season isn't just psychic-centric, and we get more from the upside-down. I really want to know how that ecology works someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Binged Stranger Things over the weekend. I regret it, not because I didn't like it, but because now I'm out of new episodes to watch. It seemed a bit more depressing than the first season, but it was still awesome.
    Working my way slowly through Season 1 now.

So far so good, I think. Still not quite sure how I place it. But only about 4 episodes in.

The behaviour of the 3 boys is highly irritating.

The treatment (by flashback) of the young girl at the hands of her (father?) in the experiments they seem to be running is extremely unsettling. Which is great - she's great.

Winona Ryder seems ok as the highly strung mom. The cop, Hopper, is very watchable.

The whole 'altered dimension' theme is a good one.

All in all I'm reasonably intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.