Thread: That whole #metoo thing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Some accounts I've read involve women being screamed at for rejecting a guy, followed home or even physically assaulted. Some of this stuff is outright chilling. Did you actually look at the hastag before you decided it was all women over-reacting to someone making a pass at them?

The more I think about it the more I realize that people encounter the behavior that we are talking about. By making it all sexual harassment you don't do anyone a favor. Least of all real victims.

No. I'd find that pretty weird, honestly.
    Yeah I did. And your example of being screamed at? Sorry buddy, but that is not sexual harassment. It is not polite behavior, but in my younger years I have been on the receiving end of the scorned admirer thing. You laugh it off if someone you didn't want in the first place starts calling you names for you rejecting him. You don't start assuming the title of victim of a loser like that 20 years after the fact.

The more I think about it the more I realize that people simply encounter the behavior that we are talking about. By making it all sexual harassment you don't do anyone a favor. Least of all real victims of real
    sexual harassment.

Also, the fact that you can come up with no other reaction than calling my collegues action 'weird' is exactly why I started this thread. Why should non-sexual physical contact in the work place automatically be weird?
    Last edited by Hazir; 10-24-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    Congratulations America