Page 89 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Woohoo! You can make lactose-free mascarpone at home and send/receive texts from gtalk on the PC via the phone!
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

As an amateur coin collector who discovered that I have in my possession a coin being only one of two known to exist I was rather jubilant.

Especially considering what the other one recently sold for at auction.
    "We are a way for the universe to know itself." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Skuld View Post
    As an amateur coin collector who discovered that I have in my possession a coin being only one of two known to exist I was rather jubilant.

Especially considering what the other one recently sold for at auction.
    You can't just tease us like that. What'd it sell for?

Hmmm

5mil?

Am I getting warm? Is it FOREIGN?

Congrats anyway I used to collect coins and dreamed of finding some ancient amazing specimen. I did once find a British coppery coin on the street, from 1900 something, that was beautiful. I think it was a penny. Or something, it was pretty large. I pretended it was lucky, but then I lost it and I pretended it was just a coin. Then, a few years later, I found another one just like it, in another town, again on the street. Now I knew it was lucky, but then I lost this one too I think I have to conclude that, whatever the coin may be, I am unlucky

This was all in Sweden btw

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    You can't just tease us like that. What'd it sell for?
    On an unrelated note, can I get his name, address, and work schedule?

My car. I love my fucking car.

33,000 miles, original tires, last oil change at 28,000 miles (next one scheduled for 35,000 miles)
    I managed to drive from Covington, GA to Tampa, FL on one tank of gas. Thats 12 gallons taking me 441 miles.
    With cruise control set at 76mph, 5 people, a loaded trunk, the A/C, and the radio playing off an mp3 player.

Thats over 36 MPG, on a car thats rated 24/32.

FUCK YEAH
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

We've made it one whole year! My little babe is one year old today!

Hooray!

You made it through the first year.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Congratulations
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Congrats!

Now it starts to get hard...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Congrats Cat! Happy Birthday, Kitten!

I guess I have just given up! Surprisingly, I feel rather happy about this decision! I'm 2 months behind in rent, have $75 to pay $450 worth of bills, and I just don't fucking care. I am having too much fun watching Pinto discover she can jump! And swing on shoelaces! And sleep all curled up against my legs! I seriously don't know what I did with all my free time before I got her! I've had her just over 2 weeks, and I am thoroughly in love! She is a doll! How did I ever survive without a cat in my life?
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Very pretty cat had been hanging around outside the past week, skinny and scared. He'd run away if we got too close, but today we were able to coax him into the house with some food. He had a collar that said "If I'm outside I'm lost, please call ___" Good idea for a tag. When the lady came to get him, she cried. He'd been missing since Mother's Day and didn't have front claws! He was an ocicat--blend of Siamese and Abysinnian.

Aww! You get 21 brownie points for rescuing a kitty!

Pinto! That's what's making me happy. She is so adorable. I'll see if I got more pics of her on photobucket before my phone got shut off. If so, I'll post them. I know I have a few on my computer!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Very pretty cat had been hanging around outside the past week, skinny and scared. He'd run away if we got too close, but today we were able to coax him into the house with some food. He had a collar that said "If I'm outside I'm lost, please call ___" Good idea for a tag. When the lady came to get him, she cried. He'd been missing since Mother's Day and didn't have front claws! He was an ocicat--blend of Siamese and Abysinnian.

This is what's made me happy today. You did a great thing, I'd have an aneurysm if one of our indoor cats escaped.

My sister lost her first cat when she got in a car wreck two years ago. She was an indoor cat and my sister absolutely lost her stuff (understandably). Three months later she got a call from the SPCA saying someone who had found her microchipped cat near the crash scene. I don't remember my sister ever being as happy as she was on the day she got that call. Thank you for having the heart to care for an animal in need, you've really turned around someone's month.

Also, ocicats are indeed beautiful.

that's great

I saw portishead live last night, excellent show! And went for drinks after, damn, duchesse de bourgogne it's an excellent beer!

The bar also had a photo book of cats living in bars and restaurants in the city, with their stories, very fun book.

I found a picture of Chaloobi!!

Also GGT posted a URL that ends with "NewsAndAnal"

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Also GGT posted a URL that ends with "NewsAndAnal"
    I did? Want a jpg with that....

So my WP7 phone suddenly started having major issues, constantly rebooting itself. I looked around for an online solution, and got the impression that doing a hard reset to send it back to its factory condition would solve the problem.

I thought it did, until I picked it up yesterday evening and saw that sometime between 4:30 and 6:30 and it had gone completely dead yet again - and it had a full charge at 4:30 because it had been on the charger while I was trying to resync all its bits.

So I bought an iphone. And I'm happy.

Couldn't find a case I liked for it anywhere around here, though (I bought the $50 3GS and not the newer and pricier type). Ordered one, hopefully it will show up soon. I don't want my shiny new phone to get all scratched, after all.

Queen of the Oliphaunts Elanya Rodillia's Avatar
    I was in a film produced last weekend for the Minneapolis 48 Hour Film Festival. Sure, my brother was the director, but it wasn't originally planned for me to be in it.

Lollipop, have you come to terms with your iPhone keyboard being all CAPS yet?:lmao:

Not quite. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon.

I'm having lots of fun with it To be fair, I'd have probably been happy with a droid if I had liked the way any that they had felt. And I really did like the windows 7 phone, but having a phone that keeps going screwy really isn't a good option for me.

So this week I went to two amazing concerts, first to Portishead, which was very good. Then on thursday I went to Oathbreaker, Rise and Fall, and Converge. Probably not the music of everybody here, but it was extremely good, great crowd too. And now it turns out that the best concert I have been to this year was recorded and will be on a record next month! It was basement jaxx, but adapted to and performed by an orchestra. Also with a choir, and a lot of the remarkable vocalists they have used on their songs. Here's a preview: (unfortunately no songs with the vocalists, but still pretty cool!)

Last edited by Flixy; 06-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Me and Susie managed to get £76 back for our TV licence as we moved back with my mother to save some money. As a result, we thought we'd treat our new house to some goodies:

The first one is a Joseph Joseph Index+ Chopping Board/Knife set:

http://www.josephjoseph.com/images/u...e/248-1231.jpg

The second one is 'Tom, Dick and Harry':

http://www.gotthegift.co.uk/images/u...ry out box.jpg

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/uk_only/large/248-1231.jpg on this server.

When you get forbidden errors like that, (or most leeching redirects), load the main domain first http://www.josephjoseph.com, then copy and paste the link into your browser URL bar.

Ah, thanks.

Looks like toys! Should be fun when you get children and your knives look like toys

The Boy had his last day of school yesterday!

No more driving 100 miles a day back and forth to school! WOHOO!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Wow, your schools get out for summer late. Is it a short vacation or do they just not go back until September or something?