Thread: Post Your Piccy...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Would you say that if I tackled and beat the shit out of you?
    I would, I'm not really a big musta mawn and i don't weight lift. I'm borderline anorexic because of soccer and only my lower body is muscular; my upper body is scrawny. BUT, I have been >forcefully< enrolled in Tai Kwon Do since age 10. I'm pretty sure I could defend myself and if you look like most of the adults here. I could either:

A] hear you running at me
    B] cough on you and make you terminally ill

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    I would, I'm not really a big musta mawn and i don't weight lift. I'm borderline anorexic because of soccer and only my lower body is muscular; my upper body is scrawny. BUT, I have been >forcefully< enrolled in Tai Kwon Do since age 10. I'm pretty sure I could defend myself and if you look like most of the adults here. I could either:

A] hear you running at me
    B] cough on you and make you terminally ill
    Tai Kwon Do is a pathetic excuse for martial arts. It's just a money maker in the martial arts world and limits the full potential of your strength. Mixed martial arts is much more useful and building muscle helps too. I could easily bash your jaw in without too much effort

Tai Kwon Do is a pathetic excuse for martial arts. It's just a money maker in the martial arts world and limits the full potential of your strength.
    Oh?

It focuses on the lower body... which is naturally a lot strong than your upper body. Seems to me like TKD is the martial art which uses the "full potential of your strength" (whatever that means).
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Oh?

It focuses on the lower body... which is naturally a lot strong than your upper body. Seems to me like TKD is the martial art which uses the "full potential of your strength" (whatever that means).
    No, its absolutely useless. They teach you to snap kick which won't get you anywhere in a fight

No, its absolutely useless. They teach you to snap kick which won't get you anywhere in a fight
    Actually, that works *really* well. I've never seen anyone win a fight after a swift snap kick to the family jewels.

Seriously, if you wanna go around fighting people using the weakest half of your body, go nuts. But being able to throw your whole body weight behind a well placed roundhouse kick or flying kick of death (whatever they call that one) is actually pretty useful. I seriously doubt you're one of those meat heads who can bench press his own body weight... but you have to have seriously weak legs if you can't leg press a lot more than your body weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    unless your goal in life is to go around putting people in hospital, in which case I'd seriously recommend examining your life goals.
    Well, or at least do it right and buy a riot baton or a gun something. It's just pathetically inefficient to go around hospitalizing people with your bare hands (or feet).
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Actually, that works *really* well. I've never seen anyone win a fight after a swift snap kick to the family jewels.

Seriously, if you wanna go around fighting people using the weakest half of your body, go nuts. But being able to throw your whole body weight behind a well placed roundhouse kick or flying kick of death (whatever they call that one) is actually pretty useful. I seriously doubt you're one of those meat heads who can bench press his own body weight... but you have to have seriously weak legs if you can't leg press a lot more than your body weight.
    I never said not to use the lowest half of your body. I just said that TKD limits your full potential and hardly focuses on any upper body techniques. I never said I don't use my lower body, but when kicking you want to do as much damage as possible instead of kicking like a robot. You want to roll through the kick, not retreat half way.

Tai Kwon Do is a pathetic excuse for martial arts. It's just a money maker in the martial arts world and limits the full potential of your strength. Mixed martial arts is much more useful and building muscle helps too. I could easily bash your jaw in without too much effort
    I don't think my parents want to turn me into a killing machine. I don't know what your parents envisioned for you, but it seems as though there's a hint of sadism added to your personality which can probably be derived from being sodomized by your masochist-mother. Wanna make a connection? Soccer in conjecture to TKD means my lower body is probably in pretty good shape, if I can't fight you. I'll just run away.
    Last edited by Young Mage; 04-25-2010 at 12:52 AM.

If someone knows taekwondo well, you'd probably be knocked out before your fist got anywhere near their jaw.
    Hope is the denial of reality