Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
wot's ur fav?

Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel
Dark white beer? Or should that be Weizen?

Beers

Depends on the occasion really, for pilsener I like Hertog Jan and Jupiler, Grolsch isn't bad either. But often drink Bavaria due to my location, which is kinda shitty but cheap and local.
Stronger beers, I like Duvel, Pretty much all triples and most of the trappist beers (anyone else here managed to drink Westvleteren? It is pretty hard to get, and probably the most expensive beer I ever had, but I didn't even like it that much)/ My favourite trappist would be Orval. Not a big fan of doubles, or most types of dark beer (though Guiness can be nice!).
On a sunny day Erdinger or another weizenbeer is nice. Or a cherry beer, I keep forgetting which is the brand I like (one brand sucks really bad, the others are okay, and there's one I really like).
The Palm Dobbel which is only available around christmas is pretty nice, too.
As far as names go, Delirium Tremens has a funny name (and logo with a pink elephant), and Newton apple beer is also a fun name!

I really do like special beers, though they tend to be a bit strong, my last special beer night ended with me throwing up for the first time in almost two years Involved Duvel, Orval, Guillotine, Chimay, and possibly some others I forgot about.

Wine

I like wine, but I have no real knowledge about it. I do know I like the pinot gris from the Alsace my parents often have...

Spirits

A nice single malt is always good Don't really know which brands, I usually go to the whiskey store, tell him what tastes I like and how much I am willing to spend, and he recommends a brand I have never heard of (and usually lets me taste first ). I do recall that I really liked Macallan, I think I had 18 years old fine oak, and a cask strength one. Also like Islay whiskeys.
A nice glass of cognac is also nice, other than that I don't drink much pure spirits, except the occasional liqueur, or shots in a bar which tend to be not that great tasting. Dutch Dynamite isn't bad, though.
Pastis is nice on a summer day!

Mix Drinks

Don't drink them often, but whiskey sour is nice, a martini is nice, a margarita is nice, a long island ice tea is nice, a lynchburg lemonade is nice. Serving B52's was fun because of the layers, and setting it on fire Tastes nice, too. Oh, and I like white (and black) russians. And gin tonic of course!

edit: googeling makes me suspect my preferred cherry beer is Mort Subite - oude kriek. It's made using the traditional process which makes it less sweet, a lot more refreshing, and avoids chemical taste like at least one other brand has.