Thread: "Work is a False Idol"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    You guys are completely leaving out a large part of the potential labor force that is not accounted for in any of these studies. There exists a very large population of self employed workers who do not report to the establishment and it is this group that could benefit from the jobs I mentioned. These people prefer to sell drugs, sell sex or steal from other people to make ends meet.
    If your job is so unbelievably shitty people would rather deal drugs or sell sex than work for you, then that is, again, a 'you' problem.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    If your job is so unbelievably shitty people would rather deal drugs or sell sex than work for you, then that is, again, a 'you' problem.
    Not always and I will argue not even most of the time. Working in a nursery (ag not humans) is hot and dirty and there is nothing you (as proprietor) can do to change that. Washing dishes is going to get your employees' hands wet and soggy. Changing sheets is going to put your employees in contact with many undesirable stuffs.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Not always and I will argue not even most of the time. Working in a nursery (ag not humans) is hot and dirty and there is nothing you (as proprietor) can do to change that. Washing dishes is going to get your employees' hands wet and soggy. Changing sheets is going to put your employees in contact with many undesirable stuffs.
    Think even a "hot and dirty" or hand-wrinkling job can be much more enjoyable if you have a decent salary, job security, and managers and clients that don't treat you like subhuman shit but, rather, as a human being worthy of a basic level of respect. Ofc this is also true of jobs that aren't so hot and dirty and base.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."