Thread: What made you go WTF today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would start a thread about this, but I've done enough damage for one day.

Toyota NA is stopping production/sales and recalling several popular models because of that sticky accelerator/floor matt problem. This is some stunning news with several millions of dollars and a reputation at stake.

I have a bare bones '08 Toyota Yaris, and the driver floor matt is connected to a small wedge device that keeps it in place. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I would start a thread about this, but I've done enough damage for one day.

Toyota NA is stopping production/sales and recalling several popular models because of that sticky accelerator/floor matt problem. This is some stunning news with several millions of dollars and a reputation at stake.

I have a bare bones '08 Toyota Yaris, and the driver floor matt is connected to a small wedge device that keeps it in place. WTF is going on?
    Don't get me started on cars. I was looking at a Alfa GT JTD 1.9 2006/2007, lovely looking motor, good price but researched the car a little and found out that they suffer from a quite major cambelt/waterpump issue. I don't think Alfa are being much help and having seen the costs of replacing the parts all thats left for me now is to call them 'Fuckers'!

I want reliability, i thought Alfa had sorted out their reputation god damnit.