I hear what you're saying, minx. I just don't buy the "modern" excuse that families use, to say they're too busy to cook or eat together. Sports and extra-curricular activities are mostly scheduled to NOT conflict with dinner time or homework. But there is a real issue with transportation and reliance on the car....which sadly translates to what the food industry sells.

Parents will drive 50 miles to their kids' next game or competition, with grocery stores and farmer's markets along the way, but they consider it an 'inconvenience' to park the car and pick their own fresh foods in less than 20 minutes. They've also been (falsely) convinced that cooking takes soooooo much time that it can't be done, so they don't even try...even tho we have microwave and convection ovens to speed the process.....so they use the fast food window instead.

One of my best childhood meal memories was having breakfast for dinner, at 9pm after an out-of-town swim meet, at the kitchen table with my parents and sisters. Cold cereal with milk, hard boiled eggs, toasted English muffins with peanut butter and jelly, and fruit for dessert.