Thread: CA AG to go after Employers if they cooperate with the Feds...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    It's never come up as an issue for me but there's nothing in my contracts that say anything about privacy from government agents. I don't see how co-operating with legal authorities by allowing them on the premises is waiving anything. Especially given in law there can be complications for not co-operating.
    Lots may lease it, not all do, many own their own premises in which case it is theirs outright. I think it is outlandish to punish anyone for co-operating with the authorities, which is partly why that has not been the case before now [hence it being a new law being discussed].

If Police officers come in doing their job and I co-operate them I don't expect to be punished for co-operating with the authorities. The authorities should sort this BS out between themselves and if one agency is over-reaching that should be for the courts to settle rather than punishing people who co-operate with the authorities in a perfectly ordinary manner.
    It is outlandish to threaten punishment for people who waive the fullest exercise of their rights. That's the sort of thing that happens when you have competing government authorities differing on punitive policies like this though. SOMEONE is threatened punishment either way.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    It is outlandish to threaten punishment for people who waive the fullest exercise of their rights. That's the sort of thing that happens when you have competing government authorities differing on punitive policies like this though. SOMEONE is threatened punishment either way.
    Indeed and it is totally outrageous. Someone should get a grip [probably only the courts can sort out this mess now] and the various authorities should get their shit together.

Punishing people and playing politics with their personal lives or businesses is pathetic. People and companies aren't pawns for politicians ego trips.

I'm starting to think separation of powers is not all its cracked up to be. When you have two competing authorities acting authoritarian in opposite extremes then how is anyone supposed to get by?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.