Thread: Can American conservatism survive intact & unadulterated?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I agree with Enoch on this. There are almost certainly those who rant and accuse about Soros out of anti-semitism. It does not follow that all such ranting and accusations are anti-semtic on their face. One can do it just because he's a liberal financier, an apostate from all the conservative financiers the liberals themselves bash, including those who are themselves Jews. The only thing glaringly anti-semitic here is you seeing Soros as literally nothing BUT Jewish.
    I did not realize you'd gotten a new job developing Federalist memes, but I guess it's just a hop and a skip away from your usual takes.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I did not realize you'd gotten a new job developing Federalist memes, but I guess it's just a hop and a skip away from your usual takes.
    Whether I agree with their view is irrelevant to whether they can have the view without being anti-semitic, you petulant brat. You insist this is a dog-whistle arising from anti-semitic conspiracizing. Demonstrate it. Because I've been having to hear this stuff against Soros for years and his ethno-religious background never played a part. Instead it was all about him being a leftist financier when his "class" is supposed to be on the conservatives' side.

And seriously, on what basis do you presume the criticism of the Koch brothers is not on the same basis? That sort of sentiment spreads just as easily among groups like labor as it does among the rural.

Am I scratching some "more rational than thou" itch? I suppose it's possible. It's hard not to scratch something like that when you're doing your level best to act like a leftist version of Lewk.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"