Thread: Here Comes the BOOM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Multiple missile attacks on bases all over Iraq, by IRGC. Uncharacteristically foolish. War, I guess.
    Unfortunate. I'd really hoped they'd limit their retaliation to striking at and/or through proxies. Hitting Iraqi facilities, striking in Syria, etc. I can guarantee that the minimum response we're going to get from this administration is counter-retaliation via missile/drone/air-strikes against Iranian military assets and bases in turn which they're going to reply in kind to. It used to be that Russia would start getting pissed about that kind of action but I don't know how their relations with Iran are doing these days. I hear conflicting things about cooperation and rivalry in their shared defense of Assad's regime in Syria. If Russia doesn't take an overt or tacit pro-Iran stance here, they'll certainly still take advantage of our committing assets there to push harder with Ukraine. And Trump will let them because he's decided to blame Ukraine for his problems here at home and tried to make them a scapegoat.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 01-08-2020 at 02:28 AM.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"