Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    Yeah, that seems like one of those things they'd throw in there in attempt to justify a higher price, "But look, it has multiple other things!" Smart choice.
    I've gotten other Collector's Edition games before, and I'm not liking the trend towards downloadable content being a bonus item...which is what most of the Mass Effect 2 bonus content is. To me, a Collector's Edition has to be just that...collectable...

Edit: I mean the Fallout 3 CE came in a metal lunch box, with a bobble-head, bonus DVD, and a mini-art book.
    Last edited by Illusions; 01-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I've gotten other Collector's Edition games before, and I'm not liking the trend towards downloadable content being a bonus item...which is what most of the Mass Effect 2 bonus content is. To me, a Collector's
    Edition has to be just that...collectable...

Edit: I mean the Fallout 3 CE came in a metal lunch box, with a bobble-head, bonus DVD, and a mini-art book.
    I've always thought of Collector's Editions as complete scams. 100 years from now the regular Halo 3 box will be just as valuable as the CE: worthless. Get the game and enjoy it now. Unless you don't buy these things for what they literally imply and are, in fact, in it for the miniature Spartan helmets.

VH1 bus crash causes major toxic spill. I was late for work.

Last edited by Being; 01-27-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    I've always thought of Collector's Editions as complete scams. 100 years from now the regular Halo 3 box will be just as valuable as the CE: worthless. Get the game and enjoy it now. Unless you don't buy these things for what they literally imply and are, in fact, in it for the miniature Spartan helmets.
    I only ever get the CE's if the extra content is worth it. Because of this I've only ever gotten two. UT3 had a few hours worth of tutorials on bonus DVD's, and I find the lunchbox and Vault Boy bobble head from the Fallout 3 CE to be pretty neat. They also both came with art books...which is a prerequisite for me considering buying them at all.
    . . .