Thread: War with Iran

Default War with Iran

It's looking more and more like the Trump administration's planning a war with Iran.

I don't know if that recent footage showing Iranian rev guards getting a mine off an oil tanker is real, but everything up until that has looked like total B.S. warmongering from Bolton and cronies. It *seems* like Trump isn't eager to get involved in wars, but Bolton's no doubt been working on him hard, and if they can come up with something to convince President Fucktard that it's necessary/ a good idea, then the war is on. It might be all Trump needs (needed?) to go along is the benefit to his upcoming election odds that a war will bring.

Will the shooting start without consulting Congress? I recall in the news from at least a month ago that they've been position military assets, so they're definitely prepping. The Senate won't say boo under the Republicans, so it probably doesn't even matter.

Any thoughts either way?
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Well he definitely needs to find a way to wag the dog if he's going to have a hope of reelection.

The prospect of getting to start an immensely damaging war with Iran is, I believe, one is the most important reasons why the GOP establishment has protected Trump with such determination.

Re. the latest development, see thread: https://mobile.twitter.com/OpWolveri...96789457768450
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

what it is it with the US and starting wars over ships
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

It's hard to believe anyone who lies as much as Trump. (Did maligning our intelligence agencies just backfire on him?)

But Bolton has wanted a war with Iran for years, and Pompeo (plus others) want that $8 Billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia. Remember that Trump tried to expedite the deal -- and bypass congress -- by calling it a "National Security Emergency", but even Lindsay Graham didn't buy that line?

Wouldn't surprise me if this is yet another Trumped-up crisis to either get congress to approve the Saudi arms deal, or claim he saved us from War if military conflict is averted.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    It's looking more and more like the Trump administration's planning a war with Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The prospect of getting to start an immensely damaging war with Iran is, I believe, one is the most important reasons why the GOP establishment has protected Trump with such determination.

Re. the latest development, see thread: https://mobile.twitter.com/OpWolveri...96789457768450
    Are you both serious? I think it's abundantly clear the US doesn't want a war with Iran, but economic pressure is also likely to make Iran act-out using the military leverage it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    what it is it with the US and starting wars over ships
    I don't know, we haven't yet had the Iranians abduct our sailors for two weeks. So far the UK has more recent experience with that.

"We were cocked and loaded!".....but Trump changed his mind at the 10 minute mark, because he suddenly learned the 150 estimated body count. Riiiight.

This is what happens when a reality TV show host is Commander in Chief, and 'foreign policy' is treated like an episode of The Apprentice. Diplomacy-by-Tweets have replaced official Pentagon and WH press briefings. Acting Sec. of Defense filling in for previous Acting Sec. of Defense. With hawks like Bolton and Pompeo waiting in the wings....