Page 42 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 3792

Thread: covid-19

Yarp, I should have mentioned I rang the GP today and have an appointment with her asthma nurse on Tuesday. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Breaking news. UK to implement emergency quarantine measures at airports.

Just in time...
    Makes sense. Not nice, but has to be done I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Too little too late.

The slogan of the Boris Johnson government.

(Apart from the economic mitigation measures)

UK is doing good mitigation.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

We've been absolutely clear: guided by the science, we've been ramping up common sense to make the right decisions at the right time.

Indeed. Three months ago the scientists (nor you as far as I recall, quote yourself if you were) were not advising quarantine. For the last three months it was a case of the horse having already bolted, there've been no tourism arrivals due to lockdown, travel numbers are down by over 99% and the less than 1% still coming in are freight who will [quite rightly] be excluded from this proposal. As we're looking at easing lockdown now and travel numbers can start to pick up why wouldn't you introduce quarantine now?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I haven't said we shouldn't do it now. I'm saying we should have done it much, much earlier to help stop the spread of the virus and take the damage to the airlines in one big hit. It's common sense.

Were you calling at the time for it to be done much, much earlier? Were the scientists?

Or are you saying with the benefit of hindsight it would have been good to have done so? In hindsight it would have been good to do so.

Which scientists?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Were you calling at the time for it to be done much, much earlier? Were the scientists?

Or are you saying with the benefit of hindsight it would have been good to have done so? In hindsight it would have been good to do so.
    Yes, I was.

We didn't "follow the science" when we went round shaking hands with people. We didn't "follow the science" when we devised the school reopening plan. I have no confidence that we've ever really "followed the science".

If you believe Boris has followed the science throughout this, good for you. You'll be a happier, more content man than I and I'm genuinely happy for you. I however don't, because I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

Cummings should resign, as should anyone who has lied or actively misled the public on his behalf.

I would like to see him shot into space without protection. But I don't know if he is government enough to say that. He seems to have broken the law though. So what's the punishment for that?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    He seems to have broken the law though. So what's the punishment for that?
    Based on the last couple of times he's broken the law, promotion.

Not that he can be promoted any further. He's effectively running the country.

But he's not going anywhere. Senior ministers out in force supporting him now. Not Boris though, obviously. That would require some work.

Ultimately it is up to the doctor who prescribes the medicine who bears the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Ultimately it is up to the doctor who prescribes the medicine who bears the responsibility.
    Your doctor is not a defense against the president's lack of judgement. If Trump starts spouting flat earth conspiracy theories on national TV, it shows that he lacks the basic judgement expected of a person of his station. The same is true of him spouting dangerous medical nonsense. What the president says matters, and only dumb fucking groypers believe otherwise.

Note how Lewk doesn't place any of the burden or responsibility on the dumb fucks demanding the drug because the President told them they should.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

"Wow President says I should take this... man I need to get some. Oh shit I need an Rx let me talk to my doctor."

Then the doctor chooses to write the Rx or not. That's the final step - people hear lots of shit on blogs, on facebook, on TV - it is up to the doctor to provide expert medical advice.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-cases-deaths/

Top 10 worse run states for Covid based on fatalities per capita.

State
    Reported cases per 100k
    Deaths per 100k
    New deaths since May 16
    Pct. change
    New York 1,835 143 719 +3%
    New Jersey 1,724 125 832 +8%
    Connecticut 1,107 102 298 +9%
    Massachusetts 1,331 91 523 +9%
    District of Columbia 1,164 62 52 +14%
    Louisiana 794 58 270 +11%
    Rhode Island 1,320 57 108 +22%
    Michigan 546 52 343 +7%
    Pennsylvania 524 40 693 +16%
    Maryland 758 37 286 +15%

But yeah let's get mad at Florida, honestly such a clown world we live in.

lmao I think I may have inadvertently doxxed lewk

The UK government has been played by the Mirror. Now reporting Cummings broke lockdown rules for a second time.

Fascinating stuff. Hopefully the beginning of the end for them all.

"Wow President says I should take this... man I need to get some. Oh shit I need an Rx let me talk to my doctor."

Then the doctor chooses to write the Rx or not. That's the final step - people hear lots of shit on blogs, on facebook, on TV - it is up to the doctor to provide expert medical advice.
    Actually, the final step is taking something which you don't need and can only potentially harm you, because you listen to an ass on TV who has no clue what he's talking about.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Gary Lenius died due to Trump's advice without seeing a doctor. When you pander to a base that's so intellectually devoid as the conservatives you end up with a lot of people thinking that doctors don't have they best interest at heart.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

He might of actually be murdered... Anyway, that's like saying if the president told people to drink more water and then someone dies of hyponatremia it would be his fault.

Also... lol

https://rare.us/rare-humor/wanda-len...-tank-cleaner/

"I’ll leave you with this, Wanda apparently told the Washington Free Beacon that she and her husband “weren’t big supporters” of Trump, revealing campaign finance records to show she has donated thousands to Democratic causes. What really is going on here then?"

Posting this here so I can find it in case I need it later.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

that's like saying if the president told people to drink more water and then someone dies of hyponatremia it would be his fault.

Yes that's exactly like what the president is doing.

How fucking stupid are you?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Actual morons:

Got my COVID19 test back. Negative and so is my wife.