Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suspicious packages

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    FFS since when have we ascribed 'rationality' to terrorists?

How many terrorist atrocities have been committed in the USA by people who believe in what they were pushing?
    How many terrorist atrocities have been committed in the USA by false flag agents who believe against what they're supposedly pushing?

I can't think of one false flag terrorist atrocity ever (except possibly the Manson Murders).
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ca039d9dbfb1

Gosh I guess you don't remember this. Probably was some MAGA hat wearing Trumpster right?

Nah...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/u...urch-fire.html

FFS since when have we ascribed 'rationality' to terrorists?

How many terrorist atrocities have been committed in the USA by people who believe in what they were pushing?
    How many terrorist atrocities have been committed in the USA by false flag agents who believe against what they're supposedly pushing?

I can't think of one false flag terrorist atrocity ever (except possibly the Manson Murders).
    Oh and to be fair and balanced it isn't like the left is the only one who has ever done false flag actions.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-mc...-attack-story/

"A John McCain campaign volunteer made up a story of being robbed, pinned to the ground and having the letter "B" scratched on her face in a politically inspired attack, police said Friday.
    Ashley Todd, 20-year-old college student from College Station, Texas, admitted Friday that the story was false, police said."

I know you think we're all idiots, but surely you don't think we're all stupid enough to not know the difference between a wave of terrorist attacks and some vandalism?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I know you think we're all idiots, but surely you don't think we're all stupid enough to not know the difference between a wave of terrorist attacks and some vandalism?
    "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Burning a church and spraying a political message on it is typically considered an act of violence or intimidation. The target is civilian. The political message strongly implies there is a political aim. Fits every part of the textbook definition of terrorism.

And *once again* I'll state that I don't know that it is a false flag. There are a lot of irrational people. However pausing a moment to investigate prior to jumping conclusions is appropriate. Too often the media jumps on something and it turns out to be false. *Cough* Duke Lacross Case *Cough*

Nah its not that often which is why you're still hung up on an issue from a decade ago. Whereas there's an estimated 321,500 victims of sexual assault in the USA annually (one every 98 seconds) you concentrate on the miniscule fraction that are deluded and fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    However pausing a moment to investigate
    As long as it is done within a week, sure whatever.
    You're such a hypocritical little cunt.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...icious-devices
    arrest made, lets see which way this falls. 12 packages found so far.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...025-story.html
    FBI agents and other law enforcement officers in a commercial parking lot were examining a white van, covered with pro-Trump stickers. They covered the van with a blue tarp, loaded it onto a truck and drove it away.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 10-26-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

You're such a hypocritical little cunt.
    Once again being deliberately obtuse. There is no deadline here as there was with the senate going to recess. The burden of proof on an accusation rests on the accuser. No need to stop the wheels of progress from last minute accusations designed specifically to delay the process.

Nah its not that often which is why you're still hung up on an issue from a decade ago. Whereas there's an estimated 321,500 victims of sexual assault in the USA annually (one every 98 seconds) you concentrate on the miniscule fraction that are deluded and fake.
    "Estimated" "sexual assault" Weasel words. Is someone slapping your ass in a crowded bar sexual assault? Of course. Is it anywhere close to what being raped is like? No it isn't.

In any even it was an example on why rushing to judgement on media stories is dumb. If someone accuses you have a crime the simple fact that an accusation was made shouldn't cause people to automatically think you are guilty.

Once again being deliberately obtuse. There is no deadline here as there was with the senate going to recess. The burden of proof on an accusation rests on the accuser. No need to stop the wheels of progress from last minute accusations designed specifically to delay the process.
    The Senate had at least until January to confirm...

"Estimated" "sexual assault" Weasel words. Is someone slapping your ass in a crowded bar sexual assault? Of course. Is it anywhere close to what being raped is like? No it isn't.
    I understand that you, in your boundless stupidity, believe everyone else to be stupid, but in reality these estimates are based on surveys where legal definitions of sexual assault & rape are provided. I doubt most women keep an accurate tally of the times they've been slapped on the ass at a bar, nor are women under any delusions as to the differences between being slapped on the ass at a bar and being raped.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Looking more and more like a Lewk

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-bombs-n924856

Sayoc's white van, which had pictures of Trump and the presidential seal plastered to the windows, was seized by the officials and hauled off to a secure facility.
    The suspect is a registered Republican, according to records.

He's not white, so you know what Lewk's thinking right now.

I remember a crosshair discussion on this board back when Giffords was attacked. Yet here we are again, another deranged snowflake with crosshair macros.

"the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Burning a church and spraying a political message on it is typically considered an act of violence or intimidation. The target is civilian. The political message strongly implies there is a political aim. Fits every part of the textbook definition of terrorism.

And *once again* I'll state that I don't know that it is a false flag. There are a lot of irrational people. However pausing a moment to investigate prior to jumping conclusions is appropriate. Too often the media jumps on something and it turns out to be false. *Cough* Duke Lacross Case *Cough*
    But you hate it when the media takes a minute to check. You threw a screaming tantrum last week when the NYT took a day to verify information about a Congress-staffer who leaked information.

Once again being deliberately obtuse. There is no deadline here as there was with the senate going to recess.
    That's not a deadline. The Republicans proved it wasn't a deadline when they refused to let Obama's nominees out of the gate for over a year, going through at least one recess in the process. They and you clearly have no problems with the Supreme Court operating shorthanded for a full term so there's no reason they couldn't have allowed time for a more thorough investigation.
    Last edited by LittleFuzzy; 10-26-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

So apparently this guy was reported to twitter for threats, nothing was done, and several of the pictures on his van are straight from the_donald.

Clearly a false flag. So blatant.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

In case you're wondering where Lewk gets his crap from.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/andre...-conservatives

Edit: video of Lewk.

Last edited by Loki; 10-27-2018 at 01:55 AM.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Truly bizarre attempts at spin from various fixtures of grassroots American conservatism who think it's suspicious that the suspect started tweeting crazy shit in 2016 (HOW CONVENIENT THAT IT WAS JUST WHEN TRUMP WON!!!), that the stickers on his van look nice and even (THEY CAN'T BE THAT OLD AND WHY DIDN'T LIBERALS BURN THE VAN HUH) and that the van is so very MAGA (JUST BEFORE THE ELECTION!!!). Of course, it's not surprising given what happened in 2016, there is nothing suspicious about the condition of the stickers, there are photos of the van looking more or less like this a year ago... and, it basically looks like a generic Trump supporter's Facebook page. But our army of stable geniuses are on to the globalist conspirators.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Are you triggered yet, liberal? Are you? Bow down to your "centrist" superiors.

I figured Lewk would buy the double-conspiracy crap since Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, Geraldo Rivera and other Fox News folks started pushing it.

What's even more disturbing is that fringe crack-pot conspiracy theories have found their way into "main stream media" (mostly Fox News) but also Facebook, Twitter and other social media. They're not losing corporate sponsors, or getting push-back for disseminating this weird and dangerous form of propaganda. Instead, POTUS absorbs, believes, and repeats this stuff!

Combined with 2+ years of bashing the FBI and talk of The Deep State, and his denial that words and tone from the Presidency carry a higher weight (and responsibility)....it's not so surprising that an EDP among his "base" might use violence against his perceived enemies.

The guy might even think Trump will pay his legal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I figured Lewk would buy the double-conspiracy crap since Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, Geraldo Rivera and other Fox News folks started pushing it.

What's even more disturbing is that fringe crack-pot conspiracy theories have found their way into "main stream media" (mostly Fox News) but also Facebook, Twitter and other social media. They're not losing corporate sponsors, or getting push-back for disseminating this weird and dangerous form of propaganda. Instead, POTUS absorbs, believes, and repeats this stuff!

Combined with 2+ years of bashing the FBI and talk of The Deep State, and his denial that words and tone from the Presidency carry a higher weight (and responsibility)....it's not so surprising that an EDP among his "base" might use violence against his perceived enemies.

The guy might even think Trump will pay his legal fees.
    I actually never claimed it was a false flag, I merely suggested that it could be. I posted two examples of previous situations where that kind of thing was done around election time in the past.

I actually never claimed it was a false flag, I merely suggested that it could be. I posted two examples of previous situations where that kind of thing was done around election time in the past.
    You did more than just that you tried to imply that logically it would be q false flag. You did that because you wanted it to be. Had the first impressions been it was a Muslim Terror Atrocity you wouldn't be saying "it could be a false flag".

You did more than just that you tried to imply that logically it would be q false flag. You did that because you wanted it to be. Had the first impressions been it was a Muslim Terror Atrocity you wouldn't be saying "it could be a false flag".
    My literal argument:

"Two weeks prior to a major election and the action is only likely to help Democrats. Gee I wonder who did this?

For the record it certainly maybe some epic moron on the Right but the timing is awfully helpful for the Democrats AND it fits their narrative. Golly gee."

A Muslim terror example is often a different case because the terrorists quickly take credit for it - they are literally saying "heeeeyy you seeeeee this? Weeeee did it"

In a shocking and entirely unforeseen plot-twist, RB has for once nailed the interpretation of a post. Your post tried to present a false flag operation (by a left-wing individual targeting other left-wing and liberal figures) as being, logically, the most likely scenario. You try to cover your ass by acknowledging that there is a much smaller likelihood of the packages being sent by some right-wing nutter. The first part expresses your belief that this was most likely (and most plausibly) a false flag operation, while the second part reaffirms that belief by casting the possibility of a right-wing nutter sending the packages as being less likely and less plausible. Congratulations--you've made yourself look like a fool.