Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1757

Thread: teevee sucks

Wot episode 4 was great. I think they won me over. And what was Perrin's wife up to?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Wot episode 4 was great. I think they won me over.
    Look closely at Zoë Robins's face when Lan says she can sit with them by the fire fantastic casting, at least on-par with Pike when it comes to showing the character's inner reality. Looks like this episode won a lot of critics over as well—the critics' score spiked on RottenTomatoes because of it. Hearing it just gets better from here on. Hoping to avoid more of those dorky-ass axes. It's been a lot of fun seeing non-readers' reactions to the show—not only because of the vicarious pleasure of watching the story unfold (as if for the first time) all over again, but also because it's helped me realize that many of the decisions I've been annoyed by or skeptical about are working well for people who're new to the story. Loving all the easter eggs and the foreshadowing (eg. the one in the story Ila told Perrin).

And what was Perrin's wife up to?
    Well, Judkins seems to have shot down one of the early theories. I still feel like there musta been some sort of abusive or at least deeply dysfunctional element to that relationship. People keep mentioning something about scars on people's arms that I completely missed, which may have some implications in the show's (current) reality (ceremony, or channeling), and some other implications in the overall series reality (TAR). And who/what was it that growled as Perrin lashed out with the axe AFTER the trolloc had died?
    Last edited by Aimless; 11-29-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Saw some leaked clips from what looks to be the final episode of WoT and I think I know where they spent the bulk of their CGI dollars looks like a v. popular Swedish actor will be playing Ishy, just as a Swedish actor will be playing LT. I feel like this must mean there'll be at least one more Swedish 'saken

After watching TV shows from Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Iceland) I noticed their doors opened OUT and wondered why. It's apparently a fire safety measure and/or keeping intruders or the police from busting *in*. But that didn't really make sense to me, especially in snow country, where drifts can trap you inside if the door opens out.

Finale done, at 2 AM before a shift. Great episode despite the best efforts of the dingdongs who can't write dialogue for shit. Fantastic performances from everyone. We should've gotten these fucked up dream sequences every episode this season. Ishy is excellent. LTT looks great. Baby is MVP. And that ending... omg I hate them so much already.

Both of the Swedes were terrorists in Zero Dark Thirty.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So, we're watching the last season of the Expanse. And we just had episode 3 out of 6. Is there anyone who can explain why we're still mostly watching the least interesting story line you could come up with, given the direction of the books?
    Congratulations America

Dunno, same reason you watch 90 Day Fiance?

I watch a lot of TV and movies, but can't explain whether it's for entertainment value or justifying my waste of time. (It's probably both.)

But when I watch anything *with* someone else, it turns into a relationship-based experience. Pretty sure that's how soap operas and serial episodes became popular in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    After watching TV shows from Nordic countries (Finland, Sweden, Iceland) I noticed their doors opened OUT and wondered why. It's apparently a fire safety measure and/or keeping intruders or the police from busting *in*. But that didn't really make sense to me, especially in snow country, where drifts can trap you inside if the door opens out.
    Up north, in the good old days they went IN.
    My basement door opens in, i don’t like it because the feel of loss of space.

Today it’s because of fire reasons / the door shouldn’t be a blocker.
    But to make it interesting a door to bathroom opens OUT while a door to a normal room opens IN.

Dunno, same reason you watch 90 Day Fiance?

I watch a lot of TV and movies, but can't explain whether it's for entertainment value or justifying my waste of time. (It's probably both.)

But when I watch anything *with* someone else, it turns into a relationship-based experience. Pretty sure that's how soap operas and serial episodes became popular in the first place.
    90 day fiance was an entirely different beast. But I wasn't actually commenting on my watching it, but on why it was made.
    Congratulations America

Foundation

First episode sucked—and felt kinda soulless, like Discovery, or Dune—but I'm glad I stuck with it. Once they tone down the monologuing it turns into a watchable science fiction show with solid acting and decent action. Binged the whole season in one night. I didn't expect to like Lee Pace as much as I did! But all of the central characters were solid, tbh.

I was a bit put off by the part where they solve the first Seldon crisis with a machine gun. Still haven't finished the rest of the season. The Lee Pace scenes were good but didn't seem to be going anywhere.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

new plan is to watch Picard until I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I was a bit put off by the part where they solve the first Seldon crisis with a machine gun. Still haven't finished the rest of the season. The Lee Pace scenes were good but didn't seem to be going anywhere.
    I think they're just pacing themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    new plan is to watch Picard until I like it
    It worked! It was quite wonderful.

You found that watching more Picard made you like it more, and it didn't make you depressed over the direction they were taking the whole series?

Tryna get through The Watch. I wanna know who was responsible for Richard Dormer so I can hate them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    You found that watching more Picard made you like it more, and it didn't make you depressed over the direction they were taking the whole series?
    Yeah it was excellent—characterization kept improving, the overall story with the Conclave of Eight was space opera candy, visuals were pretty good, action was solid, aliens looked only mildly ridiculous. Many of the characters on Nepenthe kinda sucked, as did the Romulannisters—I mean bang or behave, don't just go around being weird all the time.

Watching the Watcher. I like the main characters and the plot is fine. But it just seems cheap (most scenes are in a single room or outside; the world-building is weak). Which is weird for a show that cost this much to make.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Next Generation time-travel/parallel universe binge

Positively therapeutic

Ok, I can now safely say season 6 of The Expanse was disappointing. I also fail to understand why they ended the finale with something suspiciously cliff hangery.
    Congratulations America

Tryna watch Book of Boba Fett. Something is seriously wrong because it, um, sucks.

Cuz Disney forgot he's supposed to be a badass. Wait till you find the power rangers (it doesn't get better just more ridiculous).
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Jack Reacher on Prime

I'd been avoiding it, but I just binged it in an evening. By-the-numbers crime/revenge/action/buddy show.

I've been trying to cut the cable TV cord (b/c it's insanely expensive) and move to streaming services. But Comcast has a monopoly on fast, reliable wifi in my area, and I can't get their "internet only" deals because I'm already an existing customer? harumph!

@ rille, sorry I missed your post, but the door swing still doesn't make sense!

I've been trying to cut the cable TV cord (b/c it's insanely expensive) and move to streaming services. But Comcast has a monopoly on fast, reliable wifi in my area, and I can't get their "internet only" deals because I'm already an existing customer? harumph!

@ rille, sorry I missed your post, but the door swing still doesn't make sense!
    So you can't change an existing plan!? Lovely, especially when you can't switch since they have a monopoly..
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Love is blind on Netflix. I am not certain men and women should actually engage in relationships.
    Congratulations America

And just like that, it's not as bad as the reviews make it out to be. It's not great and probably they should not have bothered, but there is worse on TV today.
    Congratulations America

Season 2 of Picard. It contains all the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Season 2 of Picard. It contains all the ingredients.
    I knew who it was with the first letter he uttered.
    Congratulations America

I just finished S1 of Russian Doll (I know, I'm super late to the party). I absolutely loved it, and Natasha Lyonne was a revelation.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)