Thread: The slow death of the British Civil Service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    He will also have to have a working relationship with the civil service over the next two years, and he's just vice signaled that he'll will in no sense have their back and will, in fact, push them in front of a bus the second it suits him. Guess we know where his loyalties lie now.
    Good. The civil service is there to serve the country not the other way around.
    Every right wing columnist after someone like Trump or Johnson does something stupid and or reprehensible:

The former Labour MP for Glasgow South for 14 years and 2011 candidate to be leader of the Scottish Labour Party is a right-wing columnist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Good. The civil service is there to serve the country not the other way around.
    I realize this goes against everything you believe in as a Brexiter and Tory, but they actually do that best when they're able to tell the truth.

The former Labour MP for Glasgow South for 14 years and 2011 candidate to be leader of the Scottish Labour Party is a right-wing columnist?
    Blairite, Leaver, thinks the current Labour party is run by hard-left loonies, makes ends meet by writing puff pieces to cover for Bo-Jos fuck ups in the Daily Telegraph - sure, why not?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I realize this goes against everything you believe in as a Brexiter and Tory, but they actually do that best when they're able to tell the truth.

Blairite, Leaver, thinks the current Labour party is run by hard-left loonies, makes ends meet by writing puff pieces to cover for Bo-Jos fuck ups in the Daily Telegraph - sure, why not?
    Wait a second, forget "Blairite" now apparently being "right-wing" . . . you don't think the Labour Party is run by hard-left loonies?

I thought you were a Lib Dem? I thought you would recognise Seumas Milne, Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and John McDonnell as hard-left loonies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

[QUOTE=RandBlade;208059]Wait a second, forget "Blairite" now apparently being "right-wing" . . . you don't think the Labour Party is run by hard-left loonies?

I'm sorry to break this to you, but Jeremy Corbyn is not "hard left".

I thought you were a Lib Dem? I thought you would recognise Seumas Milne, Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and John McDonnell as hard-left loonies?
    Since when does being a Lib Dem mean you have to think current Labour are 'hard left loonies'?

Tory FUD won't work here. In fact, remember when the entire Tory strategy at the last election was to harp on and on about what a hard-left loonie Corbyn was and then Labour gained seats, and Tories nearly lost their majority, because basically nobody who wasn't already a Tory voter actually believed that characterization or saw it as a problem? Apparently it doesn't work anywhere else, either.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come