Page 33 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The pictures thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I liked it better, I actually don't much care for "insightful" geek comics like that; what the fuck is Sarah doing hanging around with this guy whom she so obviously detests, why has she kept all that shit bottled up for Finagle knows how long, and where does she get off vomiting all that out in that oh so humorous rant all the while pretending to be somehow superior socially and morally? It's a retarded/stupidly impossible situation in real life meant to highlight the stupidities of other real-life scenarios. And I certainly don't buy it as self-deprecating meta-humour.
    And it has a transparent background.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I don't understand.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I guess you have a light theme.

I have the dark theme and I can hardly see it, since you can see the colour of the forum through the background of the image.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I guess you have a light theme.

I have the dark theme and I can hardly see it, since you can see the colour of the forum through the background of the image.
    Yes, I use a light theme. Only an idiot would choose a dark background. Also, it shows as a light blue background to me.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Clearly its not a remotely possible AR conversation. That's not the point. The rant is an expose of how it actually is, and why Duckie didn't get the girl in the end. Sarah probably likes John's shoulder to cry on when her current fling goes awry. He's safe and predictable when she needs safety and predictability. But he shouldn't get any ideas that her using him means she's willing to do the romance thing. Its not fair but what is? This is life we're talking about, right?
    I'm criticizing the comic as a comic, not the content of the character's rant
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Yes, I use a light theme. Only an idiot would choose a dark background. Also, it shows as a light blue background to me.
    Next time you ask a question, remind me to let you rot in ignorance.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I'm criticizing the comic as a comic, not the content of the character's rant
    As a comic it does what it intends. Which is, imo, to skewer the quiet, thoughtful type whose highschool woe gave life to the term 'nice guys finish last.'

Next time you ask a question, remind me to let you rot in ignorance.
    Come now. You had a chuckle. Admit it.
    The Rules

As a comic it does what it intends. Which is, imo, to skewer the quiet, thoughtful type whose highschool woe gave life to the term 'nice guys finish last.'
    That is a topic that the Internet has sucked dry aeons ago. The comic fails on several levels and deals with a worn-out, tired topic. It's shit, son. No wonder you're singing its praises
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Come now. You had a chuckle. Admit it.
    No. Rot in ignorance!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

That is a topic that the Internet has sucked dry aeons ago. The comic fails on several levels and deals with a worn-out, tired topic. It's shit, son. No wonder you're singing its praises
    Oh, I forgot how worldly and savvy you are.

No.
    Liar!
    Rot in ignorance!
    That's how I've spent my LIFE and I see no reason to change NOW. FUCK!
    The Rules

Oh, I forgot how worldly and savvy you are.
    *shrug* Not particularly, but great many a "novel idea" have been masturbated dry by Intertrons enthusiasts, thus making them pretty old hat.

*shrug* Not particularly, but great many a "novel idea" have been masturbated dry by Intertrons enthusiasts, thus making them pretty old hat.
    Clearly. I'll be sure to check with you first to get those masturbated-pretty-old-hat conclusions before wasting any time thinking because we all know that if something's been discussed a lot before, its not worth discussing anymore. PM ok?
    The Rules

Clearly. I'll be sure to check with you first to get those masturbated-pretty-old-hat conclusions before wasting any time thinking because we all know that if something's been discussed a lot before, its not worth discussing anymore. PM ok?
    That's not really what this exchange's been about, but if you're insecure about the merits of the ideas and issues you'd wish to discuss, you may contact our moderation staff, they will point you towards the appropriate posting section

Click to view the full version

Man made mountain at the Golden Temple, Great Wall Hotel and Theme Park, Binh Duong, Vietnam - if you ever go to Vietnam spend a day or two here. The hotel is themed on the Great Wall of China and has over 400 rooms. The mountains in the picture are man made and have over 50 waterfalls, several temples and 100 warrior guards. Unfortunately it was pissing down with rain so we couldn't go up to the highest temple.
    Last edited by termite; 06-19-2010 at 02:45 AM.
    Such is Life...

Sweet!

That is sweet.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 06-21-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Cool graphic OG. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for the Pluto Mission. The Republicans my starve NASA right out of the Beast by then...

Ziggy - Nice. The MJ one is cool.
    The Rules

Legos!

Their pie chart doesn't give enough for stepping on them, though.

Buddy Boy agrees.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Man I have bins and bins and bins full of legos from years back...I had such an obscene amount

Verily, he did create mountains, trees, and midgits.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Knux897 View Post
    Man I have bins and bins and bins full of legos from years back...I had such an obscene amount
    I do believe you live uncomfortably close to me, if you wish to pass on or sell said legos for a charitable rate, I'm game.

Never sell Lego, you WILL regret it later in life!

Sorry OG.

I remember playing Lego with my son when he was about 4 years old, at some point in the middle of building some super fucking awesome space ship I blinked, looked around and realised it was 1am and my son had gone to bed 4 hours ago.....there I was all alone in the games room playing with Lego at 28 years of age and it was OK.

Never should have sold that damn Lego.
    Such is Life...

Holy fuckin' shit they're advocating incest!
    The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Never sell Lego, you WILL regret it later in life!

Sorry OG.

I remember playing Lego with my son when he was about 4 years old, at some point in the middle of building some super fucking awesome space ship I blinked, looked around and realised it was 1am and my son had gone to bed 4 hours ago.....there I was all alone in the games room playing with Lego at 28 years of age and it was OK.

Never should have sold that damn Lego.
    My kids play with lego I played with. Hell, I still play with it. You know, just to show them how to do it.
    The Rules

Holy fuckin' shit they're advocating incest!
    Only incest 6000 years ago. It's not cool now, since all those mutations accumulated.

BWahahahahaa!

mutations that have absolutely nothing to do with evolution...
    "Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink, because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.