Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
I was unaware reviews and youtube videos required users and readers to be gamers and I'm pretty sure I've already said rating scales were bad need done away, not replaced.
You don't have to be a gamer to understand whats in a game, just like you don't have to be a race car driver to understand how fast that go kart he wants can go, or a marksman to understand how dangerous paintball and BB guns are.

Nice dodge by the way.
Who posts the reviews matters, ditto for youtubes. You want to do away with ratings ala ESRB, that's clear.

You assume that what's out there is fine now, because you say so? Well that's just not good enough. Especially since more games will come and go, with lightning speed, and the technology will evolve faster than any parent (or librarian) will be able to manage. Surely you noticed that the AAP says they have to define a "new normal" almost constantly? Or don't you think pediatricians really care about kids.....

People do need a more reliable way to get an idea of what they're buying/giving. It needs to be something any player, parent, grandparent, teacher, friend or relative will find consistent and helpful. We don't have that now. And you damn well know it. Dodge that.