Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1916

Thread: Geopolitical impact of Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Close enough to trigger his Anglophobia.
    Your obsession with my presumed ideas is becoming pathetic. Get a hobby or something.
    Congratulations America

There isn't much presumed when you wear your hate on your sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The negotiations over UK's bill are going to be hilarious.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    There isn't much presumed when you wear your hate on your sleeve.
    Why should I hate something so irrelevant to my life?

You voted to be out, you will be out, there could have been an agreement, but you obviously also didn't want that. Bye bye.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The negotiations over UK's bill are going to be hilarious.
    It's going to be such a mess I wonder why we even bother to think about talking any longer. We should let them notify and then sit out the two years. Much better than faking a deal going to happen for two years.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Why should I hate something so irrelevant to my life?

You voted to be out, you will be out, there could have been an agreement, but you obviously also didn't want that. Bye bye.
    I wanted an agreement but the proposed agreement was shite. You knew it was shite and were gloating about that, then suddenly mock shocked and outraged that we rejected the garbage we were supposed to lap up.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Your obsession with my presumed ideas is becoming pathetic. Get a hobby or something.
    I'll get another hobby after you've dropped this hobby of yours.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I wanted an agreement but the proposed agreement was shite. You knew it was shite and were gloating about that, then suddenly mock shocked and outraged that we rejected the garbage we were supposed to lap up.
    I'm not outraged at all. What would make you think that? I told you years ago I wanted you out, and now you're out. I don't have anything to be outraged about at all.

I'm a bit surprised how your jingoism led you to go against your own economic interests, that much is true, but then again, this rabid attitude has been around for decades already.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I'll get another hobby after you've dropped this hobby of yours.
    Allrighty then.
    Congratulations America

I'm not outraged at all. What would make you think that? I told you years ago I wanted you out, and now you're out. I don't have anything to be outraged about at all.

I'm a bit surprised how your jingoism led you to go against your own economic interests, that much is true, but then again, this rabid attitude has been around for decades already.
    What part of: I believe we can better improve our own economic interests than you can ... are you struggling to understand?

What part of: I believe we can better improve our own economic interests than you can ... are you struggling to understand?
    What part of; I don't give a fuck should I give a further explanation for?
    Congratulations America

The fact that despite repeatedly pledging you wouldn't, you have engaged in this discussion for 16 years which implies you do actually give a fuck.

Also makes me feel old.

So anyway given the UK Parliament has overwhelmingly voted to give the PM the power to invoke Article 50 and we are only weeks now from the PM's own deadline for doing so . . . how soon do you expect this "immediate" post-vote "yeah but you haven't invoked Article 50 yet" economic disaster to hit us once we have? Or will your spin be "you haven't actually left yet" then?

The fact that despite repeatedly pledging you wouldn't, you have engaged in this discussion for 16 years which implies you do actually give a fuck.

Also makes me feel old.
    I'm just having a bit of the 'I told you so's'. Though I had to reduce my already low expectations for you getting a reasonable deal.
    Congratulations America

Funny because I keep being the one able to say I told you so while all your projections have fallen flat on their face.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...f-after-brexit

Good luck with those Brexit negotiations. Remember how everyone else would give in because it's in their interest to do so? Kind of how it was in Germany's interest to give in to the Greeks on the debt issue (or at least, so the Greeks kept on claiming).
    Hope is the denial of reality

So the French Senate has released a report saying exactly what the British Prime Minister has said all along which is that we don't rule out not reaching a deal?

Everyone says that before a negotiation.

I can't decide whether it's sad or hilarious how you now pretend to have anticipated everything you claimed would definitely not happen.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So the French Senate has released a report saying exactly what the British Prime Minister has said all along which is that we don't rule out not reaching a deal?

Everyone says that before a negotiation.
    That is some extraordinarily selective reading. What you mention is basically the least interesting part of the article. You should read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I can't decide whether it's sad or hilarious how you now pretend to have anticipated everything you claimed would definitely not happen.
    Where did I claim that the British would definitely not before we even start negotiating claim that we might not reach a deal?
    Where did I claim that the French would definitely not before we even start negotiating claim that we might not reach a deal?

I said that by the end of negotiations we would almost certainly reach a deal. Nothing has changed my mind on that.

You do not even understand what the 'negotiations' entail. Neither do you have any feel for how they could break down for no other reason than that you can't imagine it not being about the economy for everyone. Talks about a post-Brexit trade deal may not start for years if your side doesn't wake up in the upcoming months.
    Congratulations America

We will see.

The idea trade talks will be settled after divorce talks is a complete non starter too. Not only is it contrary to what Article 50 says it makes no sense. There is this laughable idea going around that the UK should.pay €60bn to the EU in coming years even post Brexit. Of course if Article 50 reaches its conclusion without a trade deal we walk away without a single penny being due. While I understand again that the €60bn is a silly.opwning bid figure there is not going to be a unilateral agreement to anything at all without a deal being agreed to.

We will see.

The idea trade talks will be settled after divorce talks is a complete non starter too. Not only is it contrary to what Article 50 says it makes no sense. There is this laughable idea going around that the UK should.pay €60bn to the EU in coming years even post Brexit. Of course if Article 50 reaches its conclusion without a trade deal we walk away without a single penny being due. While I understand again that the €60bn is a silly.opwning bid figure there is not going to be a unilateral agreement to anything at all without a deal being agreed to.
    You can call it what you want; without a settlement on your present obligations there will not even be talks about an arrangement after Brexit. There will be litigation though, and a lot of it. In The Hague.
    Congratulations America

Our present obligations have been paid more than in full already. There are dubious claims over future liabilities.

Our present obligations have been paid more than in full already. There are dubious claims over future liabilities.
    Well, if that's the stance of your government, there won't only be negotiations before notification but also not after notification.
    Congratulations America

We'll see. If that's the case you won't get a penny off us going forwards so good luck filling that gaping black hole in your budget.

This is like getting a divorce after taking on a joint loan and then expecting to get out of paying your share. Good luck with that.

You can call it what you want; without a settlement on your present obligations there will not even be talks about an arrangement after Brexit. There will be litigation though, and a lot of it. In The Hague.
    I can't see how any court could have jurisdiction over this matter after Brexit. More likely to be settled by agreement for a sum lower than the widely reported 60 bn. Of course the world may be at war but that time in which case I guess RB would score a stunning victory by getting out of paying his bill

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    This is like getting a divorce after taking on a joint loan and then expecting to get out of paying your share. Good luck with that.
    More like one person [the UK] asking for a divorce after decades of marriage and the jaded party [the EU] saying that they want sole custody of the children, the family home, all joint assets while continuing to get alimony and other payments and won't even discuss allowing visitation to the children until after the divorcee has agreed to relinquish all claims on all assets and agreed to future payments.

No not the way it works, all issues get discussed in tandem not in sequence like this.

The €60bn mysteriously seems to forget that the UK has a share in all EU assets currently.

Funny I say that and then afterwards come across this article.

We see your €60bn in liabilities and raise you €150bn in assets. How much do you want to pay us to leave?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...orth-european/