Thread: Today's Republican Party is....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Oh wait, I forgot, you have a massively overblown view of the Tea Party's presence and power, in Congress and with the public, and nothing I say has ever made the least dent in that delusion.
    I do to. I guess mainly because of stuff like: "the TEA party debate" where all the important republican candidates show up to woo those votes their way. I'd love my illusion to be dented. Not really a strong illusion anyway. Fishing wires.

Is it just cosmetic and rhetorical pandering while ignoring them on the legislative stage just to get the votes? I think it's likely that when TEA party supported candidate wins the office, there's going to be just as sour faces as the die hard Obama supporters have now. Washington seems to me to be this oiltanker like mammoth with the turning circle of Mars. Every candidate every election runs on change, and they always largely fail to deliver. Too many interests, stakes too high for radical change.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Washington seems to me to be this oiltanker like mammoth with the turning circle of Mars.
    I really like this description.

The imagery makes me giggle.

And kinda points outlines the boondoogle that is the massive federal government over here. (yeah, cheap shot, mea culpa)
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita