Thread: Mueller Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Enoch, he doesn't give a shit whether or not it's a crime. He's not going to be punished. Here, look:

I don't think Barr has said or believes a four page letter could fully capture the context, nature, and substance of a multi-year investigation that concluded with a 400+ page executive summary, let alone the vast quantities of supplemental evidence and testimony gathered, and ongoing criminal investigations. Barr's letter wasn't the end of the line, it was the first step in the process of releasing the report. This doesn't even seem particularly weasely to me.

I'm sure you aware that quote goes on...

"I think, I suspect that they probably wanted more put out. But in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries or trying to summarize because I think any summary — regardless of who prepares it — not only runs the risk of being underinclusive or overinclusive but also would trigger a lot of discussion and analysis that really should await everything coming out at once."

...which very much sound like what Mueller was saying in his letter.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 05-03-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I don't think Barr has said or believes a four page letter could fully capture the context, nature, and substance of a multi-year investigation that concluded with a 400+ page executive summary, let alone the vast quantities of supplemental evidence and testimony gathered, and ongoing criminal investigations. Barr's letter wasn't the end of the line, it was the first step in the process of releasing the report. This doesn't even seem particularly weasely to me.
    Did you miss the point about the timeline? Mueller had put his letter in to Barr on the 27th of March, and this exchange took place on the 20th of April where Mueller had already made his concerns clear.

If you intent is to Rules Lawyer whether or not Mueller's statement that Barr's letter didn't "fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of his report amounts to the same thing as him saying he disagreed with Barr's conclusion, then... there's you answer about how Barr woulds expect to get away with lying about what Mueller had said to him face to face.

I'm sure you aware that quote goes on...

"I think, I suspect that they probably wanted more put out. But in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries or trying to summarize because I think any summary — regardless of who prepares it — not only runs the risk of being underinclusive or overinclusive but also would trigger a lot of discussion and analysis that really should await everything coming out at once."

...which very much sound like what Mueller was saying in his letter.
    "Steely, did Enoch respond to your post with examples of Barr lying under oath?"
    "No, he didn't but I suspect he wouldn't actually characterise what Barr said as lies."

That's not lying in your world? What?

The fact that I summerized your argument after I said you didn't reply just proves I was lying, since I've just demonstrated I saw and read your post.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come