Thread: Immigration cauldron boils over in Arizona

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself? ?
    Fear is the mother of violence.

Gah, a "papers please" society? I'm guessing no aryans will be asked for their papers.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Fear is the mother of violence.

Gah, a "papers please" society? I'm guessing no aryans will be asked for their papers.
    In Russia, police have the right to stop you and ask for your passport. Isn't it a democratic country?

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    In Russia, police have the right to stop you and ask for your passport. Isn't it a democratic country?
    Damn straight it is. And anyone who says different will be punished to the fullest extent of the law Putin's imagination.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by agamemnus View Post
    Netherlands are a democratic country, but sadly the police can ask you for your ID here (but only if they have a real reason), and if you can't you get a 50€ fine.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Netherlands are a democratic country, but sadly the police can ask you for your ID here (but only if they have a real reason), and if you can't you get a 50€ fine.
    ID's different. At least over here. People typically carry their driver's license or a state ID with them, but the documents which prove citizenship/legal status are stored somewhere safe, because they're a bitch and a half to replace if they get lost or stolen.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

The part that I don't understand how a lot of people in the US can't differentiate between 'having no legal status' and 'being a criminal'. From there it's a small step to dehumanizing the subjects of the debate. I can understand if people want some sort of regulation of immigration, but this nonsense of illegal aliens as criminals is really too much.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    The part that I don't understand how a lot of people in the US can't differentiate between 'having no legal status' and 'being a criminal'. From there it's a small step to dehumanizing the subjects of the debate. I can understand if people want some sort of regulation of immigration, but this nonsense of illegal aliens as criminals is really too much.
    Unless I'm mistaken, its against the law to be present in that area; a trespassing of sorts, in which case its considered illegal. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Sure, but before this, a cop couldn't walk up to you when you're walking down the street, or eating lunch, or whatever, and ask you for ID on suspicion of being Latino an illegal immigrant.
    Yeah, I was just saying this almost seems as an extension of older actions.