Page 89 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 5128

Thread: TRUMP 2016

I'm sorry I believe you mistakenly wrote "Republican senator" when it would have been more appropriate to write "Lindsey Graham"
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Who is Republican Senator for South Carolina so your point is . . . ? ? ?

Loki has been saying that Republican Senators aren't willing to criticise or disagree with Trump, this is a Republican Senator doing just that. I also said "senator" (singular) and didn't refer to the rejection of the proposal by Senate Majority Leader, the Republican Senator for Kentucky Mitch McConnell that was also in the article. In fact if McConnell is right that his proposal would not pass the Senate then since the GOP has a majority with 52 votes and the Vice President gets to break any ties in Trump's favour then that means that there must be at least three who are probably willing to go against Trump. For starters unmentioned I'd assume Republican Senator John McCain of Arizona.

So yes I think my use of the phrase "Republican senator" was entirely appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Who is Republican Senator for South Carolina so your point is . . . ? ? ?
    My point is, of course, that Graham has been a bit of an outlier, along with McCain, in his direct and indirect--and persistent--criticism of the Trump administration. Assuming this should be characterized as criticism and opposition rather than an assessment or prediction, it's hardly surprising.

See my edited in extra paragraph, majority leader Mitch McConnell is not one of your usual suspects.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

The GOP are letting Trump get away with murder because they expect him to support their agenda. Suggesting an insane budget without any input from them isn't something that furthers the GOP agenda. Not surprising that they'd be pissed off. I still want to see actions rather than words before admitting that the GOP is willing to challenge Trump on something it actually cares about.
    Hope is the denial of reality

A+ for effort. Can't we at least give him that? He's trying really really hard, so hard.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Trump: The time of trivial fights is behind us.

Dutch newspaper comment: If that means an end to tweeting about crowd sizes and other idle provocations, a new president Trump has stood up
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The GOP are letting Trump get away with murder because they expect him to support their agenda. Suggesting an insane budget without any input from them isn't something that furthers the GOP agenda. Not surprising that they'd be pissed off. I still want to see actions rather than words before admitting that the GOP is willing to challenge Trump on something it actually cares about.
    You're barely six weeks into a four year term, during what is supposed to be Trump's honeymoon 'first hundred days'. What precisely do you expect the Senate to act on?

Donald Trump creates Voice agency to publish list of crimes by immigrants
    Trump claims that murders were being kept quiet by 'special interests'

Have we godwinned this thread yet, cause this is a page straight out of Hitler's playbook. What would be the point here other than to promote racism?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    A+ for effort. Can't we at least give him that? He's trying really really hard, so hard.
    Nobody tries harder than Trump. It's true. Believe me.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Donald Trump made 61 statements in his speech. 51 were false
    breakdown: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true

His suit might fit this time, but its still the same disgusting Trump.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Unpresidented.

Donald Trump creates Voice agency to publish list of crimes by immigrants
    Trump claims that murders were being kept quiet by 'special interests'

Have we godwinned this thread yet, cause this is a page straight out of Hitler's playbook. What would be the point here other than to promote racism?
    Are you serious? He is still pushing his agenda of building a wall to keep out illegal immigrants and to stop refugees from coming here from the Middle East. Now try to imagine how it could possibly benefit his political agenda by having the threat of illegals and Islamist magnified? THAT is the reason he's doing it now because hurr durrr racism.

You're assuming increased racial antagonism wouldn't benefit his political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You're assuming increased racial antagonism wouldn't benefit his political agenda.
    Occam's razor. There is a very clear link to people thinking illegal immigration is dangerous and support of his political 'wall' project.

What's Occam's Razor on Bannon's intentions, the guy who's been pushing racial nationalism for a while now?

He should have told them he was a prince and he needed their help getting money out of his country.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

WTF?

Amusing but not really the same thing apparently
    Lotter said "the comparison is absurd" because Clinton had set up a private server in her home at the start of her tenure at the State Department and, unlike Clinton, Pence did not handle any classified material as Indiana's governor.
    My bigger concern is who is paying the lawyers to go through thousands of emails to find which ones should be archived? I suspect the taxpayer but Pence should be paying as if he'd just used a state email then that would be unnecessary.

Security concerns are the same though (and he was hacked, even). I agree it's not the Anne thing hence the smiley but I thought it was amusing given the amount of protests against Hillary's email practices.

The general concern about personal emails not being public record is also the same.

[BREAKING] Trump said [a dumb thing] which is [somehow even more dumb than the previous dumb things he said]
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Fox is bending over backwards to support Trump on [dumb thing].

The recent furor over the führer's claims about being the target of covert surveillance, ordered by Obama himself, is extremely worrying. I have no doubt people involved in Trump's campaign were monitored as a part of the investigation into Russian shenanigans leading up to the election. We're likely to discover that such surveillance took place--with or without Obama's involvement--and that it was allowed by a court. This would, I believe, undermine--in the public's view--any case that may be brought against Trump alleging inappropriate or outright illegal acts, as well as undermining the public's views on both the IC and all courts in general.

Of course it's possible that he's completely wrong in which case this would still be worrying because it shows, once again, what a fucking nutter he is, and how eager the people around him are to enable his lunacy. But I believe option A is more likely.

I can only come to the conclusion that the man is unfit for office.
    Congratulations America

Former Trump campaign advisor was in such a hurry to call a woman 'a bitch' that he accidentally admitted to a link between Assange and Trump.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Continuing the trend of Trump steering the political concern via bullshit sources, his fake "obama wiretapped me" claims come from none other than Breitbart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I can only come to the conclusion that the man is unfit for office.
    You're just coming to that conclusion now?