Thread: Mueller Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    And you can't invoke 5th Amendment Rights (against self-incrimination) unless charges are brought first. I think?
    The double jeopardy clause says nobody can "be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb", so you need to be put in jeopardy once before it activates. I believe you can take the self-incrimination clause of the fifth any time you'd otherwise provide evidence that could be used against you.

And in charge of the executive branch, which includes the DoJ. So that OLC 'memo' continues as internal policy and 'Rule of Law', until it's challenged. But 'policy' prohibits any challenge...do I have the clusterfuck right?
    Sounds about right to me.

VP Pence would. Assuming he'd be Trump's successor when impeachment/removal from office or resignation would take effect, after a re-elected second term. Quite a stretch, but never say never.
    Yeah, you're right about Pence. I was only thinking about the cases where that doesn't happen. I think that's more likely - this congress doesn't seem likely to impeach & convict, and if Trump gets re-elected, I think I'll just be done with this country so it won't matter.
    Last edited by Wraith; 05-31-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    .....and if Trump gets re-elected, I think I'll just be done with this country so it won't matter.
    We can't all move to Canada!

If Trump can't be impeached it's because Senate Republicans have sold out to power and greed. And if Trump gets re-elected it's because we've sold our souls to the sell-outs. We get the government we deserve, so shame on us if we sign up for four more years of this crap.