Thread: A shit storm over an unpopular Hait opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And you continue to ignore the fact that the variables that make people drop out are mostly rooted in the American culture (or some American sub-cultures), and therefore cannot be changed by altering the economic system.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And you continue to ignore the fact that the variables that make people drop out are mostly rooted in the American culture (or some American sub-cultures), and therefore cannot be changed by altering the economic system.
    nonsense, i'm not ignoring that, you are

so tell me, how can we go about modifying american culture or those sub-cultures you mention in such a way as to reduce the number of people becoming poor due to dropping out of highschool??

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    nonsense, i'm not ignoring that, you are

so tell me, how can we go about modifying american culture or those sub-cultures you mention in such a way as to reduce the number of people becoming poor due to dropping out of highschool??
    If there was an easy solution, it would presumably be undertaken already.

If there was an easy solution, it would presumably be undertaken already.
    ah so we're only dealing with EASY solutions here!! didn't realise those were the rules of this game.

ah capitalism...

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    ah so we're only dealing with EASY solutions here!! didn't realise those were the rules of this game.

ah capitalism...
    Pardon me for not thinking that brainwashing people into wanting to be identical to each other is a solution.

Pardon me for not thinking that brainwashing people into wanting to be identical to each other is a solution.
    you may be in the wrong thread, but brainwashing people into wanting to be identical to happy productive non-criminal members of society is probably an excellent solution!! perhaps you could bring about something akin to that by changing attitudes in society and developing better welfare (better for the US I mean, I guess that would be quite different from what might work in eg. Sweden or HOLLAND).

i am astonished though to see such caution from someone who has always believed that any aspect of human behaviour on all scales can be significantly modified by assigning monetary rewards and punishments!! are you no longer that man??

The most important message to take home from this thread is that you are only concerned with easy answers and easy solutions. Loki, I am disappoint

not surprise, just disappoint