Thread: Death Penalty For All Involved Would be Justice

Default Death Penalty For All Involved Would be Justice

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ial/ar-AABGBtG

"Kevin Alvarez identified the other five defendants as members of the Trinitarios gang who stabbed Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz. Alvarez said he drove one of the vehicles used to chase the teenager down.

He told the court that the gang went after Guzman under the faulty assumption that he was a member of a rival gang, the Brooklyn-based 'Sunset Trinitarios.' They became suspicious when he walked onto their turf, couldn't answer a question, and then ran.

Guzman hid inside of a bodega, but was dragged from the store and stabbed to death in a brutal attack caught on security cameras.

"He was alone, unarmed, defenseless, outmanned and out-armed by this group of men," Morgan Dolan, the lead prosecutor, said when the trial began. "He begged for his life."

Alvarez testified that Guzman appeared confused before running for his life..

"He looked very surprised and scared," he said. "The only thing I heard him say is that he wasn't Sunset."

Alvarez has pleaded guilty and has been cooperating with the prosecution. He sobbed on the witness stand, but Junior's supporters showed little sympathy.

"I think he's terrified. I think he's definitely scared and hopefully they all get what they deserve," Jennifer Weisel said."

This was the machete murder case. When you murder a 15 year old you should forfeit your right to life. It always gives me great comfort to hear that criminals weep on the stand because I know that will mean it will be more likely that they will be abused in prison by their fellows. What right to life do people have if they stalk, ambush and brutally murder a child? There is no good that resides in any of the monsters that did this, they have zero value to society and it would be best if they all simply ceased to be as soon as possible.

Why do you post this? You are not winning anyone over on this. Everyone agrees that this was horrid, and punishments must be meted out.

Are you a masochist or something?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

This is how he gets into the Christmas spirit.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Lewk literally derives pleasure-center activation from seeing and spreading this sort of news. All that talk of deterrence he used to spout was just rationalization as he agitated to get more of his addiction stimulation.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Lewk, may I ask; given that your justice system is fallible; how do you guarantee that only guilty people are killed by the state?

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Lewk, may I ask; given that your justice system is fallible; how do you guarantee that only guilty people are killed by the state?
    You can't. Just like when we drop bombs on terrorists there is a chance we will kill civilians. Ultimately the death penalty should be reserved for cases where there is almost no chance of innocence, far beyond reasonable doubt but ultimately the final sanction of death should be carried out on the most heinous of criminals to show society that certain activities must not be tolerated.

Anyone have a link to that list of people on death row who were exonerated? I feel like Christmas is a good time to stomp on Lewk's boner for death.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Anyone have a link to that list of people on death row who were exonerated? I feel like Christmas is a good time to stomp on Lewk's boner for death.
    Like all government programs there were a number of failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You can't. Just like when we drop bombs on terrorists there is a chance we will kill civilians. Ultimately the death penalty should be reserved for cases where there is almost no chance of innocence, far beyond reasonable doubt but ultimately the final sanction of death should be carried out on the most heinous of criminals to show society that certain activities must not be tolerated.
    Would you feel the same way if one of your children were wrongly convicted and sentenced to death?

Like all government programs there were a number of failures.
    Is there a point where the number of failures becomes unacceptable to you? If so, what's the threshold?

Is there a point where the number of failures becomes unacceptable to you? If so, what's the threshold?
    If it harms a white dude and/or a crooked Republican.

I would say it is more about a % chance. However as improvements occur (say DNA testing all death row inmates, which for fucks sake why aren't we doing?) even if previous efforts failed to get to a good enough threshold in the future if better safeguards are in place it would still be acceptable.

I would say it is more about a % chance. However as improvements occur (say DNA testing all death row inmates, which for fucks sake why aren't we doing?) even if previous efforts failed to get to a good enough threshold in the future if better safeguards are in place it would still be acceptable.
    Sure. So what is the threshold that you're happy with? 1% innocents killed? 5%? 20%? 50%?

And I asked you a further question. Care to answer?

That's the wrong question. He doesn't care about the number of innocents; he cares if the innocent people look like him. When it's white men accused of hate crimes or rape, suddenly higher standards are required to avoid the wrong people getting punished.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I think anyone who advocates for the death penalty should be prepared to state the appropriate threshold of innocents killed and also whether, in principle, they would continue to support it if a child of theirs was wrongly convicted and sentenced to death.

Every single govt policy has a cost in human lives. The issue isn't the loss of innocent lives but the moral status of wanting the state to kill for such a dubious purpose.

They are not mutually exclusive. It can be about both.

They are not mutually exclusive. It can be about both.
    It can be about both, but I think govts routinely pursues policies that appear to be less objectionable but end up causing more innocent people to die than capital punishment does, either directly, or indirectly, or through omission. It's a downside that's inherent to a lot of govt policy. A more concerning issue is that Lewk - and many other creepers like him - feel it's so important to be able to fap to state killings that they're willing to accept the state actually killing innocent people. Worse still, he'd like to remove obstacles to state killings, in order to facilitate the process - even though that would undoubtedly lead to more innocent people being killed. It's not surprising, of course; fapping to death is an important activity ordained by Jesus, and the people who are killed are inevitably guilty of something, eg. of being black.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That's the wrong question. He doesn't care about the number of innocents; he cares if the innocent people look like him. When it's white men accused of hate crimes or rape, suddenly higher standards are required to avoid the wrong people getting punished.
    You know I've referenced Brian Banks multiple times on this forum, right?