Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
Wait, the "safe things" are those that are true? Are you actually mocking the desire to have true information underlying political decision making, as opposed to "risky" false information?

I have always thought that true information, whether I like the facts or not, is the only information that should be informing politics. And barring the realistic ability to achieve that, at a minimum, when false information is identified it should be exposed and discarded. Do you disagree with this?
'Safe things' being items that almost everyone with basic working knowledge of how the world works would agree with. The 'lunar landing was fake' is something that nearly 99% of the population think is ridiculous. The idea is that you start slow and gradually build it up. Another example would be "Hey saying Hitler did nothing wrong is racist and should be condemned." Almost no one will disagree. However the goal posts move to "I identify as an attack helicopter is a trans-phobic meme that should be treated just like saying Hitler did nothing wrong!" The example of slowly boiling a frog (yes I know the frog does jump).

False information *should* be exposed however who makes the choice on what is false? The government? Hah you want Trump to decide what is true or not? Oh the media? Pfft. Ultimately people get to choose not some central authority on what they believe in. It is a shame when people don't understand basic facts (such as all things being equal if you increases the consequences of something people will be less likely to do an activity) but you still get people like Khen who exist. You can try to educate them using words but you can't try to re-educate them at the point of the gun. And that is the end game, liberals have a long history of attempting to silence dissent.