Thread: The Clown Circus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It is a very British furore Fuzz.

This sort of rank hypocrisy from government leaders disgusts the British mindset. The British love rules, and will readily pile on those who flaunt them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    It is a very British furore Fuzz.

This sort of rank hypocrisy from government leaders disgusts the British mindset. The British love rules, and will readily pile on those who flaunt them.
    It's not that exclusively British, here in Holland officials have been resigning over small transgressions for as long as I can remember. A while ago a minister resigned because he got caught pimping up accounts of him meeting Putin before he got appointed. It turned out they'd barely been in the same room.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    You say "second infraction" but there "might" have been one infraction. Or maybe there were none. There was no second.
    It's lots of people's opinion, including 40 Tory mps and some major right leaning press outlets. When I'm on the same page as a bunch of Tories, the Telegraph and the Mail, you know something's up.

I mean, you personally clearly don't. But 'you' in the general sense, yeah, you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    This is the sort of furor that in the US is reserved for bible-thumping pedophiles running for federal office. It far exceeds the reaction to the millions raked in from insider trading by three GOP and one Dem senator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It's not that exclusively British, here in Holland officials have been resigning over small transgressions for as long as I can remember. A while ago a minister resigned because he got caught pimping up accounts of him meeting Putin before he got appointed. It turned out they'd barely been in the same room.
    I love how confused Americans get when other countries actually hold their politicians to account. They're like... "wow, you can do that? but he only lied about speeding" meanwhile over there politicians are like "I used the federal government to confiscate State's PPE supplies and then gave them to my buddies to sell at a profit lol" and Americans are all "well, he wouldn't already be rich if it wasn't ok for them to do that so it checks out".
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come