Thread: An institutional revolution in North Carolina

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Source please. Shouldn't be difficult if there is "definitive proof"
    a lazy response for a subject thats been covered on this and the other board NUMEROUS times deserves one in kind

http://bfy.tw/A9Cl
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I've not seen any source yet to show these alleged high numbers of people without any valid form of ID. Especially when many proposals include offering free ID.
    I know of no proposals in the US that offer completely free photo ID. Nor do they make things sufficiently easy and inexpensive for people who do not already have valid ID. To get photo ID you have to identify yourself, after all.

You do realise every single American already has mandatory ID from the state?
    It's not mandatory to have a birth certificate? Or a social security number? I thought both were mandatory.
    How is a birth certificate not an ID?
    A birth certificate is not photo ID, which is typically what is required by Republican-backed voter ID laws in the US. A birth certificate is not mandatory to "have". They can be lost. They can be difficult and costly to replace, eg. for people who've moved out of state, or who were born long ago, esp. if they were born at home, or in the event of clerical errors.

SSN is just a number, it's the least reliable form of identification.

For employment here for every single person I employ I am required to take forms of ID - standard for British citizens being either a passport or a birth certificate AND paperwork showing an NI number (out SSN equivalent). Without either a passport or birth certificate [or equivalent] it isn't possible to legally get a job in this country.
    Afaik the US doesn't have "right to work" documentation requirements similar to the UK. If there are similar requirements, I expect they are recent enough that you'll have a lot of retirees who worked when things were different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    a lazy response for a subject thats been covered on this and the other board NUMEROUS times deserves one in kind

http://bfy.tw/A9Cl
    Fake news liberal leftist MSM so-called "expert" opinion just one step removed from Corbyn's bowel-movements, you can't expect RB to accept that kind of source.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."