Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
One of the stocks I had mentioned in the past, that I would've been interested in purchasing had I had the money to do so, recently doubled and stayed that way for about a day before falling back off to around its usual levels.

I also have to do something like this as I have money vested with the company of the first job I ever held, and its set to be forfeit on the 31st of December 2012. It also currently sits at around $1000, so...must do something.

You also would have done well to listen to my BP buying advice and waiting to sell on it...
A penny stock, really? Seems really risky, that's a volatile stock that hasn't had a great trajectory. Why do you like it?

I did actually buy a bunch of BP stock this summer. Made 16% on it. I'm vaguely considering buying more because they may be a takeover target and the stock is depressed a bit due to their failed deal in Russia. But I don't really want to throw any more money at it.

RE your options at your former employer-- is the company doing well? Can you sell the options instead of risking money on the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I haven't had time to do proper research lately. Job's kept me too busy. I've just been shoving my money into mutual funds.
Alas, at what fee? I've become a real stickler for fund fees of late. I find this tool really useful: http://www.sec.gov/investor/tools/mfcc/mfcc-int.htm

Basically allows you to compare fund fees over time. Makes my boring Vanguard funds look really worthwhile.