Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy now BLM?

Claiming, not pointing out. You haven't substantiated your claim. Especially in nations where the government corrupts the judiciary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Since we're in the business of ludicrous demands why don' you first prove that jury trials work in Pakistan.
    Congratulations America

After you prove bench trials work in Pakistan.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

http://www.bbc.com/news/38334542 For Lewk.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    After you prove bench trials work in Pakistan.
    Prove jury trials work in Russia.
    Hope is the denial of reality

? I've never claimed every shot that was fired by a LEO was legit.

But the guy had a weapon at some point. Surely he deserved to be killed...

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Prove jury trials work in Russia.
    After you prove bench trials would work in Russia.

I'd still rather take my chances with 12 random men and women in Russia than Putin's cronies as judges. Juries acquit in about 15% of cases in Russia compared to about 1% for judges, so that is a massive improvement.

But the guy had a weapon at some point. Surely he deserved to be killed...
    Well the guy did run from the police. He had a stolen weapon on him and had a pretty troubling arrest record. Can't say 100% for sure but frankly did he 'deserve' to be killed? Based on what we know I'd say the probability is likely yes. Now all of that is independent to weather or not it was a good shoot or not but I bet he would have done more crime in the future and now that won't happen. That's a win - no different than if someone ran a red light and killed him. Was the action legal and right? No. Did it have a happy ending? Seems like it.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

And you are intelligent.

It should be a forum rule that you can't link to the Daily Mail.
    Congratulations America

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Lewks of the world: stuff like this is unfortunate, but let's not punish people who are responsible for it; it's not like the latter encourages the former.

Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt applies to the police as much as it does suspected criminals. The irony is that the live-streamed video possibly helped the officers defence by showing him live saying that he thought the guy was going for his gun (not concocting that story after the fact).

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt applies to the police as much as it does suspected criminals. The irony is that the live-streamed video possibly helped the officers defence by showing him live saying that he thought the guy was going for his gun (not concocting that story after the fact).
    Right. The cop default excuse: "I thought he had a gun!" The magic get-out-of-jail-card and the best, it always works!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

He did have a gun. He had told the cop he had a gun.

Maybe if Americans didn't have guns like candy then this would be less of an issue.

Right, Rand. Any black man with a (legal) gun is fair game for the police because they see all armed black men as threats (and at least one person on any jury agrees).

I didn't say that.

Yes, Rand, it's all just a giant coincidence that black men keep on getting gunned down by cops.

No, its not a coincidence. You're acting as if guilty until proven innocent.

In any individual case, it's entirely possible the cop was not guilty of any crime. The idea that they weren't guilty in ANY of the cases beggars belief. This is the same kind of mentality that let lynchers off the hook in the South.

In any individual case, it's entirely possible the cop was not guilty of any crime. The idea that they weren't guilty in ANY of the cases beggars belief. This is the same kind of mentality that let lynchers off the hook in the South.
    I'm still waiting for what you think should be done about it. You seem eager to unleash big brother and just jail people without jury trials.

Also the "people killed by cops" number is completely meaningless. I want violent criminals to be killed by cops. Like the Bernie bro that tried to assassinate our elected officials, I'm pretty glad he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm still waiting for what you think should be done about it.
    The solution is for you and all those like you to stop treating a badge like it's supposed to provide immunity to prosecution. When it's in the abstract you talk a semi-decent game but when it comes to practice, to actual events, that disappears and you demonstrate that in the real world you don't think it's possible for anything police (or prison guards, etc) have done to constitute a crime. Even when they literally boil people alive.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Which is not a capital offense. What is more, police officers should worry less about the honest people informing them they have a gun and a license to carry.

I think the great irony here is that on the same day a teenage girl was convicted of manslaughter for telling her boyfriend he should kill himself, a police officer was acquitted of manslaughter after he was captured on video killing a man that was posing no threat, firing into a car with his child in the back seat.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-17-2017 at 05:07 AM.

I'm still waiting for what you think should be done about it. You seem eager to unleash big brother and just jail people without jury trials.

Also the "people killed by cops" number is completely meaningless. I want violent criminals to be killed by cops. Like the Bernie bro that tried to assassinate our elected officials, I'm pretty glad he died.
    Same thing that was done in the South. Wait for societal change or a revolution. Too much resistance for any alternative (from people like you).

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar

Maybe if Americans didn't have guns like candy then this would be less of an issue.
    So? Quite a lot of people in the US have guns and carry them. Is he allowed to shoot all of them now?

Shitty argument.

Seriously. Stop any random car in an open/concealed carry state and the driver will most likely tell you: "I have a gun." So, what now, genius? Shoot them if they blink in the wrong way?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    So? Quite a lot of people in the US have guns and carry them. Is he allowed to shoot all of them now?

Shitty argument.

Seriously. Stop any random car in an open/concealed carry state and the driver will most likely tell you: "I have a gun." So, what now, genius? Shoot them if they blink in the wrong way?
    In fact, some states are shall inform, which mean you must inform an officer you are carrying when you get pulled over. To make things even more complicated there are police officers in states that are NOT shall inform states, (Minnesota is not a shall inform state) that want to be told immediately that you are carrying when interacting with them. In those situations there is literally no way of knowing what the right thing to say is.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 06-17-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    In fact, some states are shall inform, which mean you must inform an officer you are carrying when you get pulled over. To make things even more complicated there are police officers in states that are NOT shall inform states, (Minnesota is not a shall inform state) that want to be told immediately that you are carrying when interacting with them. In those situations there is literally no way of knowing what the right thing to say is.
    Honestly, to avoid any misunderstandings you should clearly communicate if you have a weapon on your person when interacting with law enforcement. This is one of those 'shouldn't be required but is a damn good idea' thing.

Honestly, to avoid any misunderstandings you should clearly communicate if you have a weapon on your person when interacting with law enforcement. This is one of those 'shouldn't be required but is a damn good idea' thing.
    Which is exactly what Castile did.