Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so serious?

Default Why so serious?

After reading through several post about the bad vibes in here, I was in the mood to start my own thread. I think we should just step back and relax on some issues. Like adds, or some words some people might have used. Sometimes you gotta ask yourself, is it really worth the fuzz? I don't think so. Of course, we have some serous discussions, about some topics which are personal. And I suppose that this is really a last resort for some, a place to go when real life gets you down. But besides that, is there really a point to take things so serious?

Maybe it's easy for me to say so, because I don't write walls of words into discussions. I admit that I never putted any effort to get a discussion started. Maybe my opinion about the whole thing would be different then. But, everyone knows where it leads to if he puts his time into an argument on this forum, so I kinda find it naive if you complain about the obvious afterwards.

For my part, I still think it's quite interesting, beside the fact that I am too lazy to have an average words per post count that comes close to most of you, I wouldn't change a single thing

Spoiler:
    So know I have my own, thoughts about it all thread! Jupiiiiieee!!!¨¨¨¨

Mörmel wants to cheer you up too:

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

You have a problem with drama? Don't make me dredge up my old Drama thread...
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Why did you have to make a fucking thread to bring up shit from another fucking thread? Couldn't you have fucking posted this in that fucking thread?

It's good that every member feels okay with posting their thoughts in their very own thread if they feel it's warranted. welcome to the club EJ
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I remember reading about how women in families, or even close friends would get their periods at the same time, so actually everyone getting pissy at the same time is an indicator of how close you are, and eventually you'll all get off the rag and everything will be back to sunshine and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's good that every member feels okay with posting their thoughts in their very own thread if they feel it's warranted. welcome to the club EJ
    Hey, since we are being serious, how come your Last Visit is listed as 12-31-1969 07:00 PM on the members list?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Why did you have to make a fucking thread to bring up shit from another fucking thread? Couldn't you have fucking posted this in that fucking thread?
    And your Last Visit is listed as 12-31-1969 07:00 PM on the members list too.

Hey, so is Cain's. Seriously, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS UP TO????

Quit stalking me!!!
    Really? Even at Flickr? Which reminds me, what software are you using for monitor calibration?

Think it has to do with the setting to not show when you're logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Really? Even at Flickr? Which reminds me, what software are you using for monitor calibration?
    xRite eye-one

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    I remember reading about how women in families, or even close friends would get their periods at the same time, so actually everyone getting pissy at the same time is an indicator of how close you are, and eventually you'll all get off the rag and everything will be back to sunshine and rainbows.

I've missed you, Crow!

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    For my part, I still think it's quite interesting, beside the fact that I am too lazy to have an average words per post count that comes close to most of you, I wouldn't change a single thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    eventually you'll all get off the rag and everything will be back to sunshine and rainbows.
    Highly true statements.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I really don't see the point of getting agitated by other people's views. That's the great part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, I really don't see the point of getting agitated by other people's views. That's the great part.
    That's 2 votes against drama. Really, I will bring back my drama thread.

Every time I go awol u lot get all bitchy on each other.
    Such is Life...

Sometimes it just feels real nice to get all abusive-like

None of that pull the hair by my neck when we do it from behind shit

I mean real honest to Jim hurtful, racist stuff

Alternatively, cocaine's a Hell of a drug, son
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Another problem this forum has. More than once I've seen posters being accussed of getting worked up, agitated, or taking something to seriously.... all because they are defending a point they made in a discussion. In other words, people are being told to shut up or get accussed of needing to calm down, all for attempting to flesh out a debate.

People obviously value opinions and debate at different levels, and having it come up everytime the discussion finally starts getting past the basic "I think this" is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Another problem this forum has. More than once I've seen posters being accussed of getting worked up, agitated, or taking something to seriously.... all because they are defending a point they made in a discussion. In other words, people are being told to shut up or get accussed of needing to calm down for fleshing out a debate.
    That's not my point. Not at all. The opposite is quite the case. The content of a discussion should be taken seriously, but let the discussion be a discussion. It's nothing your life depends on. I think a rant from time to time is not a bad thing. But don't take it with you when you close the tab, or when you move from one thread to another. It is just not worth it.

Will you be teaching fish to walk on leashes next?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Will you be teaching fish to walk on leashes next?
    You are so cruel.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

I don't teach, I just suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    You are so cruel.
    Only when that seems like the entertaining route.

Entertain me, beeyatch.

Only when that seems like the entertaining route.

Entertain me, beeyatch.
    Um.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)

That wasn't entertaining at all.

Damn.
    The Rules

Well EyeKhan isn't Robbie Williams!

Entertain me, beeyatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

That's adorable.
    The Rules