Thread: TRUMP 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I assume you meant to say that anyone who was opposed to the GOP memo but was in favor then (not now) of the Democratic one. Because you yourself are "now in favor of the Dem one" since the GOP one has already been released
    I'm making the point that if you didn't want the Republican memo released you shouldn't want the Democratic memo to now be released. You can either be in favor of both being released or neither. Any other combination is hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    I'm making the point that if you didn't want the Republican memo released you shouldn't want the Democratic memo to now be released. You can either be in favor of both being released or neither. Any other combination is hypocritical.
    Nonsense. I didn't want the GOP memo released. It was just carefully edited and pointless grandstanding and excuse-making. But since it WAS released, I am in favor of the minority also being able to release their own grandstanding material. Lewk, if the Dem memo wasn't even on the radar until the GOP memo was released, how could one be opposed to it? There is no difference between being opposed to both, and being for one of them being released after the other has already released despite your opposition.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Nonsense. I didn't want the GOP memo released. It was just carefully edited and pointless grandstanding and excuse-making. But since it WAS released, I am in favor of the minority also being able to release their own grandstanding material. Lewk, if the Dem memo wasn't even on the radar until the GOP memo was released, how could one be opposed to it? There is no difference between being opposed to both, and being for one of them being released after the other has already released despite your opposition.
    The argument behind releasing the memo was due to security reasons. If there were no security/intelligence concerns with the original memo than the entire complaint process about it is a waste of time. Congress and oversight panels can push as many memos as they want, it is literally just government officials writing words. There is no drama or concern, it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The argument behind releasing the memo was due to security reasons. If there were no security/intelligence concerns with the original memo than the entire complaint process about it is a waste of time.

That certainly wasn't MY argument against it. Don't put words in my mouth.

Congress and oversight panels can push as many memos as they want, it is literally just government officials writing words. There is no drama or concern, it happens all the time.
    And I'm opposed to them wasting time with grandstanding memos. Particularly since, like most material they put out, it's generally a bunch of self-serving lies and half-truths because they're politicians and they just can't help themselves.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"