Thread: Peter Strzok

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Question, what are your thoughts on Mueller? If you think he's doing good work then you believe his action to get rid of Strzok off the investigation was a good one.
    Justice must be impartial, but must also be seen to be impartial. After the text messages were released and the GOP decided to make a thing of them it was better to get rid of him than have them use him as an excuse to undermine the probe.

I mean, they're going to do that anyway but no sense in making their lives easier.

That being said there are questions about what the 'insurance policy' he thought there was about the possibility of Trump being the president.
    I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office for that there’s no way he gets elected—but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk. It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40 …
    This probably refers to the Trump-Russia investigation which was getting started at the time of the text. I suggest that this is probably referring to how vigorously/aggressively they should pursue the investigation. The person on the other end of the text probably said 'hey we can take it slow, no reason to think this assclown will win', hence his in hindsight rather prescient response.

I reckon that FBI agents probably don't discuss top sekrit deep stat black ops to depose a legitimately elected president of the united states in unecrypted text messages using phrases liked 'insurance policy'

"Records show Peter Strzok, who led the investigation of Clinton’s private email server as the second-highest-ranking official in the counterintelligence division, changed Comey’s draft language describing Clinton’s behavior as “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless,” a source told CNN."

Furthermore the concern is weather the FBI had already decided to clear Clinton prior to the investigation being finished. Which depending on what is uncovered could lead to perjury charges for Comey.
    Is there any reason at all to think this? Why would the FBI do that?

Now, given the way most things happen in Washington we won't see a whole lot of charges for anything however it would still be amusing political theory to watch Strzok plead the 5th since it makes him look guilty as all hell.
    What... what do you think he's going to plead the 5th for? Thinking Trump is an ass?

The only thing that's amusing here is how quickly you've brought into this incredibly transparent Republican to manufacture a 'scandal' at the FBI over absolutely fuck all. I mean, they've got shit all except a few texts bitching about Trump and various others, and they've somehow turned this into Paul Fucking Ryan saying 'we need a purge of the FBI' and you're sat there going 'well, this seems legit'.

I don't generally have a very high opinion of you, but even I thought you were a bit better than this.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 02-01-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come